PDA

View Full Version : JuJu Be Packabe vs. Lexie Barnes backpack?

DAKnits
02-09-2007, 01:39 AM
I have a Silver Line Convertable backpack which I use everyday, and I love it, but wanted to try something new for a change and maybe something with more internal pockets. I like side sippy holders, a Mommy pocket, a separate place for changing pad, and internal pockets, especially with zippers.

I need the bag to fit a cooler of food since I'm almost always bringing DD's lunch with me, a bib, burp cloth, disposable table covers, silverware container, dry food snacks, coloring books and crayons, small pouch of first aid stuff, hairbrush, wipes, diaper and changing pad, a sippy, plus my wallet, cell, planner, and large Loom wristlet of coupons/receipts. I almost always wear my bag as a backpack so it has to be comfy to wear on my back.

What are the pros and cons of these bags, and which would you choose? Which holds more? Any deals to be had?

THANKS!!!!

audball
02-24-2007, 06:26 PM
I don't own the LB backpack (Duchess), but I'm positive the Packabe would hold more. The fact that you mention the need for a cooler makes me think that the packabe would be a better bag for you - the JJB cooler fits so nicely at the base of the packabe! Not too many pockets, but certainly enough of your criteria (side sippy holders, mom pocket, back pocket for change pad and some internal pockets) to fit the bill.

The only reason why I think the Duchess may be a good bag is if you tend to pack more lightly standardly. If I had to lug stuff with me daily, I would prefer the Duchess because once the kids were finished with lunch, I would toss the cooler back into the car, so I wouldn't have more things to cary. The layout of the Duchess I think is similar to the Darling - a narrower bag that's very light and not quite as cumbersome. If you are a packrat the Duchess is probably not your bag.

tracerx
02-27-2007, 08:56 PM
I can tell you a little bit about the PackaBe...it holds a LOT!!! Love it for when I go traveling - it's a great carry-on for us. Plus it's very organized and it washes like a dream!

Only "cons" I can think of would be that the straps could be more comfortable. But JuJuBe is coming up with some new padded backpack strap accessories so that should solve that issue.

Check out the JJB site http://www.ju-ju-be.com/phpbb/ there is a forum called the Pink Room where you can place an ISO post for a bag you want, or review other posts where people put theirs up for sale. Also the members of the Pink Room are so helpful they can answer most any question you have (the owners also answer posts, they are great!)

Hope that helps!