PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Butler Bag hybrid bag?

JacksMommy
02-20-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm a working mama looking for a super organized bag. These are pricey (for me) so I'm hoping someone has experience with this one before I bite the bullet. Would love to know whether you like it, what color you have, whether it fits everything you need. I'm only looking at the hybrid (vs. the classic) since I need room for files and such as well...

www.butlerbag.com

TIA!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

tinainsala
02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm also considering the hybrid bag so I've been researching it. Unfortunately, I have no experience with it and am on the fence about trying it out. But I did find 2 reviews of the bag on blogs:

http://www.mommieswithstyle.com/mtblog/2007/02/the_butler_did_it.html

http://momsfavoritestuff.com/blog/2007/02/17/the-great-multitasking-bag/

HTH!
Tina

JacksMommy
02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks for answering! I found out about it through the momsfavoritestuff site, but didn't realize mommieswithstyle had reviewed it also. They both seem to like it a lot, although I'm guessing they received freebies to try, which always makes me concerned about the reviews being completely honest...

I think I may bite the bullet. If I do, I'll post a review back here. Meantime, maybe someone else has some experience. Here's hoping!

Laurel

Mom2M
02-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi - It's Jodi from Mom's Favorite Stuff! I actually did buy the bag myself from the sample sale. I really do love it and would be happy to answer any questions :)

Jodi

JacksMommy
02-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Heh, heh. I should watch what I say on these boards - hope you didn't take offense! I figured Jen Groover was doing some pretty good PR since it seems so many bloggers know about her product.

Since you offered to answer questions, I would love to know:
Is there any type of situation where I wouldn't want to use this bag? I'm really hoping to use it for my everyday bag but worry that the hard case would limit what I can fit in there.

Where do dipes fit? On the sides? Would you be able to fit an umbrella in anywhere?

Are the open pockets on the outside snug enough to put a cell phone in? What about keys?

Anything else we should know about it? I do wish I could see it in person before buying. Sigh!

Thanks, Jodi!

Laurel

Mom2M
02-22-2007, 12:17 PM
No offense taken - I probably would have thought the same!

For your questions -

The organizer at the bottom is hard, but doesn't go up all of the way. So, you could use the organizer for some stuff and then lay other items on the top. That's the only way I see an umbrella fitting, if it was pretty short (definitely not a golf umbrella!).

The diapers would go on the side of the organizer - that's where I had put my patemm pad.

I'm not really sure if it would limit you - unless maybe you wanted to carry a cooler bag. I couldn't fit my Medela Pump-in-Style cooler bag on the top.

You mentioned carrying files. You can put the manilla files on the side (where I would put dipes) but you do have to fold them over a bit to close the bag. That wouldn't limit me from carrying the files though.

The side pockets don't fit sippies (at least not my Nuby ones). I would imagine you could put a phone and keys in them, but they don't seal close so I'd be a little cautious on that.

The leather is nice - not the most amazing leather but pretty good quality. The organizer on the bottom is fabric covered and not removable. The bag wears well and doesn't slide off my shoulder.

I don't know what color you are looking for but I believe there are still brown ones available from the sample sale.

HTH!
Jodi

Mom2M
02-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Sorry - duplicate post.

JacksMommy
02-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks for all the answers!

I was thinking about the espresso color - dark brown. How would I go about getting one from the sample sale?

Laurel

Mom2M
02-22-2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.christinaballas.com/TheButlerBag.html

This store has them to buy online for a great price!

I have the brown - it's not a very dark brown though, more of a medium brown.

Jodi

JacksMommy
02-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Wow, thanks!

Laurel

Mom2M
02-22-2007, 04:51 PM
If you order it, let me know how you like it!

Jodi

pearl12970
03-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi Jodi,

The sample sale at this website has the Hybrid in Coffee. I was looking for th Butler Bag ( Hybrid ) in Black or Espresso.Any other websites having a sample sale that you can suggest ?

BTW- how can I get a notification of sample sales ?

-Pearl

Mom2M
03-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Pearl,
I heard about the sample sale at Yahoo Babybags http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags/ - someone posted about it, but that one site was the only online place to get in on the sample sale that I read about.

Jodi

pearl12970
03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks , Jodi.