PDA

View Full Version : Ahh! Overwhelmed with choices...please help.

AgathiP04
02-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Okay, I want a new diaper bag. I have a L.E. Do-it-all, but feel like it is too awkward to carry when it is just me and my son out (six months old). I want something that is
*comfortable to carry
*cute/stylish print
*a place for mommy stuff (or accessory, like Fleurville wristlet)

One's I've looked at or considered:
*Lexie Barnes Darling and Duchess
*Fleurville Sling Tote
*Ju-ju-be Packabe and Be All
*Reese Li Savannah
*Silverline Convertible Backpac
*Oi Oi Hobo
*Fanci-Free tote

Any suggestions, raves, recommendations? I'd love feedback on any of the above or hear about one you may have to recommend. Thanks!

Lilysmom06
02-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I have been using an OiOi hobo for the past two weeks - I really like it! I think its cute (I have the grey dot with lime green lining) and it is large enough to hold everything I need, with room to spare (my DD is 8 months old). There is not a lot of organization, but it seems to be working well. I really like the outside bottle pockets - they actually fit a bottle! :) I had been using a LeSportsac Messenger bag, which I also liked a lot, and that one was very organized - especially since it is not even a diaper bag! But I got bored and wanted something different.

The only other one on your list I have tried is the Sling Tote. I thought it was pretty (I tried the Gold flower) but it felt sooo heavy to me, even while empty. I couldn't imagine how heavy it would be fully packed up. I know there are a lot of reviews on the site about it though.

I don't know if I helped you at all. But if you have other questions about the hobo, let me know!

Kathy

feierabend35
02-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Well, I can comment on the Darling, Packabe, and Be All. The Darling is the smallest of the two and doesn't have a good space for mommy stuff like the other two. It is a great bag, though, if you are looking to downsize.
My everyday bag is the Be All and I love it. It has a huge mommy pocket inside the flap and lots of organization. It is also a really nice size. The Packabe holds a similar amount but is more deep and less wide- and also converts to a backpack, which can be a real advantage at times.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, but the Darling would be a real step down in size from the packhorse you've been carrying!! :)

tinainsala
02-25-2007, 10:46 PM
I've had 3 of the bags you are considering.

The FV ST has a great mommy pocket, great organizational pockets and is comfortable to carry as a tote (has non-slip grips on the straps) and hangs great on the stroller. The messenger strap has a great pad so I imagine it is comfortable but I never carried it that way. I had a ballistic one with no vinyl and the main reason I sold it is because I couldn't pack it up without it looking bulky and lumpy. I also found mine to be lightweight but it could be because it didn't have the vinyl covering.

The JJB Packabe has great organizational pockets and seems comfortable as a backpack. It is a vertically shaped bag so it needs to be packed that way to avoid "digging". I haven't carried it as a messenger. It seems to fit all that I will need. I haven't actually used it yet since I'm waiting for the arrival of #2 in a few weeks. It is too big for me with my 3 year old but I plan to use it with both of them.

The OiOi Hobo is super comfortable to carry as a messenger- very lightweight. Not much in pocket organization but it worked for me- it does come with an accessory bag but it's not a wristlet. Made me feel casually stylish and put together when I carried it. Nice wide opening and looks great fully packed or partially empty; the main reason I sold it is because I prefer to carry my bags on my shoulder/ as a tote and the strap kept slipping off my shoulder so it was either invest in a shoulder pad or part ways.

HTH!
Tina

tobycat
03-06-2007, 02:53 PM
I love my LB Darling and have been using it exclusively for over a year. I put my stuff in a wristlet and toss it into the bag. I am a fairly light packer, so I have no space issues with the size of the bag.

I also want an Oi Oi Hobo, but even on Ebay they are pricey. I have in on a bid on a pink herringbone on ebay now.

Candice

MrsBigrozz
03-15-2007, 08:42 PM
I have a Fanci-Free and it has GREAT organization. It is also very lightweight and actually stays on my shoulder! I love how the handles are adjustable because I can carry it as a backpack or just make the handles long enough to put on my stroller. And the wristlet it comes with is great because it actually has places for credit cards, cash, change and a cell phone (better than just stuffing into a wristlet IMO:). Having said all that, I'm selling mine because I have TOO many bags! LMK if you're interested!

pollykat
03-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Can someone who has the Ju Ju Be All give me some info about it:

Can it be hooked onto a stroller?
Is the outside material easily washable?
Does it have a base or something on the bottom that keeps it upright when it's standing on its own?

If anyone can help, thanks!