PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW of Outside Baby Messenger Bag!

RiaHannam
03-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Outside Baby Messenger Bag

Dimensions of the Bag: 16" x 5.5" x 10.5"
Dimensions of the cooler insert: 5.5" x 3" x 6.5
Materials: waterproof rip-stop Nylon and Cordura

I purchased the Khaki/lime color. Love the color combo but it is light and will show dirt. It is easily wiped off though. This bag is so comfortable to carry! I use it messenger style and it is the most comfortable bag I have ever carried. The padded shoulder non-slip strap slide works wonderful.

There is one big main compartment and it is black inside. So yes you do have a black hole effect but it’s not that bad. I don’t really have a hard time finding things. There is a front mesh zip pocket that I use for small items (with key fob in there but I don’t use it because it takes too long to get it in there!) There is also a big zip compartment in front that fits my wallet (which is big!) and more of my items. You can fit a lot in here. Some may choose to put babies’ clothing items in here or even bottles. There is also a cell phone pocket (with a Velcro strap on top), 3 pen (or lipstick) pockets, and a bigger pocket behind all this (that I actually use for my cell phone because it has a leather cover on it).

There are no bottle pockets in this bag – which almost made me not try it. But it comes with a cooler insert (lime green in this color combo) that fits several bottles. It is very similar to the similac cooler bags. It velcros to the inside of the bag in a certain spot so it doesn’t flip around and it functions really well. Though I have to say it is a tad short – I use standard Gerber bottles and to get 2 in there it’s hard to zip shut. Every so often I miss having an outside bottle pocket but not as much as I thought. There are also stroller/cart straps and I use them often! Easy to get to and they are independent of the messenger strap. Inside the bag I can fit a full diapees & wipees, the cooler insert, powdered formula dispenser, toys, clothing changes, burp cloths, bibs and a few other things. You can really stuff it if you want to and since it is easy to carry it’s not cumbersome.

The outside strap is adjustable with a unique type clip (a little hard to adjust but no slipping will occur). The flap secures with 2 vertical strips of Velcro &/or a clip in the middle on the bottom. The messenger flap has no storage – it’s just a flap. There is also a handle in back for grabbing and a waist strap to use if needed. You can also clip the big strap to the waist part via a little clip on the large strap so it can be secured very tightly if you are hiking or riding a bike.

Overall I think this is a great bag for the price. It’s fun looking and functional. I don’t think it’s the perfect bag however it serves it’s purpose very well.

Links to photos: http://tinyurl.com/2mlvry
p.s. You’ll notice in the photos that all the straps are not cinched up. The waist strap is not in the way once you tighten it.