PDA

View Full Version : Renting a Crib?

genevieve
03-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I am traveling to FL to visit family in a few weeks and would like to avoid bringing my pack-n-play on the airplane (with 2 kids and gear it's just too much). My husband wants to UPS it both ways but that's going to cost $50. Has anyone rented a crib before? I want to be sure we are getting something that is clean and safe for a 6 month old. We will be in the Orlando area.

Sangiovese
03-03-2007, 11:30 AM
A Baby's Best Friend (www.abbf.com) is in Orlando. I read about it on a Disney message board (disboards.com), and people who have used them give them good reviews. (We didn't use them, but I kept their name and number nearby just in case!)

shburks
03-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Here's another option. I don't have any personal experience with them though so I can't vouch for them: http://www.babysaway.com/index.html

nfowife
03-06-2007, 11:28 AM
You can buy a basic pnp at walmart for less than $50, and you could craigslist it when you are done!

betsydenny
03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
We used Babys Away as I recall and also rented cribs/pnp's at hotels and all but one experience was fantastic and we were provided with a clean comfy crib or pack and play.

The one time that we got a sketchy crib was at a very sketchy airport hotel we had to check into at the last minute bc a flight was cancelled. Just had baby sleep with us.

But most resorts and hotels have cribs available to rent, so call them and see or use Baby's Away or the like. They have reputations to keep up so they are usually very high quality.
Also, many also often rent highchairs/boosters, bouncers or saucers, and even sand toys at some places.

HTH!
Betsy

clc053103
03-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I rentedc when I visited my parents in The Villages and I thought it was a fantastic experience. Everything was like brand new! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It was Visiting Baby rentals- I doubt they are out in Orlando (45 min away) but I would take the recommendation from the Disney board and go with it.

o_mom
03-07-2007, 09:45 AM
For $50 you can buy a brand new one. Then have the family sell it when you are done or keep it for future visits.