PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find this diaper bag! Messenger and backpack?

MNmomtobe
03-03-2007, 01:46 PM
I would like to find a medium sized diaper bag that could be worn both backpack style and messenger. I normally wear my diaper bags over the shoulder or on my stroller handles but thought it would be nice to have the option to use one backpack style for the summer.

I currently have a PBK Ultimate diaper bag but the backpack straps are sorta useless. I have a Bumble Bags Madeline that would be perfect if it had a messenger strap. I would like to spend less than $100 on it if possible. TIA! :)

tinainsala
03-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Some convertible messengers/ backpacks off the top of my head:

1. Fleurville A7- discontinued but can still be found on ebay - it is medium sized
2. Posh Baby Ultimate- this is a large sized bag
3. Silverline Convertible Backpack
4. Petunia Pickle Bottom Backpack- this is a brocade and pricey
5. JuJuBe Packabe
6. There's a red one at Target made by Mandalay
7. I think the Kecci backpack also converts- this is also brocade
8. Wicked Stitches- a custom bag maker
9. GR8x Satchel
10. Melissa Beth Babylicious Bag
11. BlingyBaby bag - have both brocade and non-brocade

I'm sure there's many more I'm missing. HTH!
Tina

bailey2bradenc
03-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Hello!

I definitely recommend the JuJuBe Packabe Backpack!!! I love mine so much, I now have 4 of them!! I may buy another for summer!!!!

Look at the website and you can see all of its features and all of the patterns!!!!!

www.ju-ju-be.com

HTH,

Brenda

MNmomtobe
03-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Wow. Thanks! That is quite a list. I like that gr8x satchel. I did a search here and read that the magnetic clasps were weak so I may pass on that even though it fits all my criteria.

Now I am thinking JuJu Packabe or Silverline convertible which are two diaper bags I considered before DD was here.

I think I'll start another post about these. Thanks again! :)

MNmomtobe
03-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks Brenda! Do you have the newer style Packabe also? If so, do you prefer it to the older style? Thanks! :) How are the bottle pockets? Are they pretty big?

bailey2bradenc
03-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Yes, I have the newer style Packabes. I prefer them because the outside bottle pockets are roomier and the top strap is padded. The bottle pockets on the outside will fit even large straw cups like mine (Parents choice) so bottles will fit for sure.

You can look more at the website and on the irl gallery you will see pics. My bag is one of them. If you need more pics, I have some.

Email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Brenda