PDA

View Full Version : LE LT or LLB Diaper bag?

klm7926
03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Right now I'm using a Coach diaper bag for my 2 year old son and (almost) 4 month old son. I do LOVE it but the only problem is, I don't really want to lug around a big diaper bag all the time. It's great for all day trips or if I need to really bring a lot of stuff with me. But since I'm a SAHM and my DH is currently in the Police Academy (and only home on the weekends) it's kind of hard to carry a big bag, a baby and a toddler....KWIM? I want something I can throw over my shoulder and not worry about (yes, I do worry about my Coach getting dirty and that's the last thing I need to be thinking about...lol). I don't want to spend a fortune (since my current bag cost a small fortune) so I'm trying to decide between the LE LT or the LLB diaper bag. They both seem to get good reviews on here.

Here's some of the things I carry:

3-4 size 2 diapers
2 size 4 diapers
wipes case
1-2 bottles (depends on how long I'll be gone...sometimes I don't need one at all)
formula dispenser
burp cloth
pacifier
sippy cup
toddler snack (or two)
crayons (when we're going to the doctor's or a restaurant)
Mommy stuff: Coach wristlet, checkbook, chap stick, keys

So which of these bags do you recommend??? Or is there another bag that you think will fit my needs better?? I appreciate any and all help! Thanks!

nfowife
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I think the le lt would be too small for you, or at least it would be very stuffed and hard to find things. How about a skip hop Dash or double duo?

klm7926
03-07-2007, 06:33 PM
>I think the le lt would be too small for you, or at least it
>would be very stuffed and hard to find things. How about a
>skip hop Dash or double duo?

I was considering a Skip Hop but I've read so many mixed reviews about them. Plus, I'm not a HUGE fan of the messanger flap. I had a Silver Line Fling before I had DS2, and I returned it b/c I couldn't get used the the flap. I'm also thinking about the LB Darling, but I doubt I could justify spending that much to my DH. But maybe he doesn't have to know *whistle*.

What bag do you use? I see your two kids have almost the same age gap as mine.

DAKnits
03-07-2007, 07:27 PM
I have both bags. The LE LT is a lot smaller than the LL Bean Diaper bag. I use it when I'm alone or I just have to run in with my daughter for a quick errand. The LE LT will not fit what you list.

You can fit all of that stuff in the LL Bean bag. There's only one bottle pocket, but you could put your bottles inside the bag. I absolutely love the organization of the LL Bean bag, but one negative is that the strap can get uncomfortable when it's full, so I bought a strap pad to go with it.

I would also suggest thinking about the Skip Hop Dash if you want the two bottle pockets, but the LL Bean is my favorite bag for it's organization and great price!

AgathiP04
03-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Go look at the Ju-Ju-Be Be Small or the Ju-Ju-Be Be Smart. Both are the size you are describing and are machine washable! I just got my first Ju-Ju-Be and I love it! If you want to see if all of your stuff would fit, click on the IRL Gallery and look at how real moms have packed their Ju-Ju-Be's. Also, on their website you can see the inside in great detail of every bag. Enjoy!

www.ju-ju-be.com

klm7926
03-07-2007, 09:01 PM
>Go look at the Ju-Ju-Be Be Small or the Ju-Ju-Be Be Smart.
>Both are the size you are describing and are machine washable!
> I just got my first Ju-Ju-Be and I love it! If you want to
>see if all of your stuff would fit, click on the IRL Gallery
>and look at how real moms have packed their Ju-Ju-Be's. Also,
>on their website you can see the inside in great detail of
>every bag. Enjoy!
>
>www.ju-ju-be.com

Oh, trust me when I say that I have been looking at their site like crazy. I'm still toying between a JJB, LB, or one of the bags I listed (I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down the the LLB over the LE). I'm just not sure if I want to spend that much on the JJB or LB sine I already have a pricey bag. Plus, I don't think my DH would be comfortable carrying a bag with funky prints...kwim?

klm7926
03-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Could someone possibly post pictures of the inside of the LLB bag??

bubbaray
03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Here's my review of the LL Bean bag from way back when:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=20021&mode=full

FWIW, I never use the bag anymore. DH uses it rarely.

I have 2 LE LTs and use the pink one quite often. I've even used it as a travel purse. Minus the bottles, I've fit all that in my LTs.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

klm7926
03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
>Here's my review of the LL Bean bag from way back when:
>
>http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=20021&mode=full
>
>FWIW, I never use the bag anymore. DH uses it rarely.
>
>I have 2 LE LTs and use the pink one quite often. I've even
>used it as a travel purse. Minus the bottles, I've fit all
>that in my LTs.
>
>HTH
>
>Melissa
>
>DD#1: 04/2004
>
>DD#2: 01/2007

Thank you!!! I went ahead and ordered the LE LT. I figured for the price, who cares if it doesn't work for me. I'll be able to use it eventually when DS1 is potty trained and I don't have to carry diapers for him! If it doesn't work out, I'll probably try the LLB bag. We'll see! :o) Thanks again!!!

nfowife
03-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I use a few bags. I prefer tote bags in general. For everyday I'm currently using the timi and leslie tagalong tote. I also use a blingybaby and for all day outings or travel I use the sh double duo. But I bf, so no bottles. I do carry a sippy for my dd though.

DAKnits
03-09-2007, 12:02 AM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=29118&mesg_id=29118&listing_type=search

Here's a comparison I did of the LE LT and LL Bean bag with pictures. HTH!