PDA

View Full Version : Need input - 2 in diapers, which bag - JJB or something else?

npace19147
03-08-2007, 07:48 AM
I have a 2 1/2 year old still in dipes, and am expecting #2 shortly.

We live in the city and walk everywhere, probably going to get an e3 but I also plan on carrying the baby quite a bit, if possible. So I hardly ever need to pack for more than a few hours at a time. I hate carrying a huge bag and always try to get away with as little as possible to carry.

I like the looks of the JJB bags but am stuck on size - concerned the BeAll or Packabe will be too big, but the BeSmart or BeSmall will be too small!

I'm also thinking about getting a Skip Hop saddlebag to leave on the stroller so there's less I have to carry around in the diaper bag.

Any insights? Thanks!

tmrbwilson1998
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi, Juliana! Congrats on the baby! DS was 2.5 when DD came along. I tried several bags and being the mediumish+ packer that I am, loved my Packabe immediately! I love the fact that the bag does not at all look huge on you (I am 5'7", sz 6-8), but it is able to fit so very much! Although I prefer a horizontal messenger, I found that I wore the Packabe more as a bp than a messenger.

There is nice organization inside and with the possible padded straps (sold separately) coming around in the next few months, it should be veeeery comfy to wear!

Not sure how much you need to pack; I nursed, so I was packing more for DS than for DD at first, though once she hit solids and I had to begin carrying more with me, the Packabe was super, and held more than the Be All IMO.

I, too, lived in the city for almost 3 yrs of DS's life and several months of DD's and we walked everywhere as well, so I like being hands-free. Personally, I prefer to carry my bags on me and not leave anything on the stroller, especially once DS began potty training and I had seconds to get him to a potty!

If you do end up going wit a saddlebag and then a smaller bag for you, the Be Small is a super little bag! I recently saw some pics of the Be Smart and love the way it hangs on the stroller!

HTH!
Tina

tmrbwilson1998
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi, Juliana! Congrats on the baby! DS was 2.5 when DD came along. I tried several bags and being the mediumish+ packer that I am, loved my Packabe immediately! I love the fact that the bag does not at all look huge on you (I am 5'7", sz 6-8), but it is able to fit so very much! Although I prefer a horizontal messenger, I found that I wore the Packabe more as a bp than a messenger.

There is nice organization inside and with the possible padded straps (sold separately) coming around in the next few months, it should be veeeery comfy to wear!

Not sure how much you need to pack; I nursed, so I was packing more for DS than for DD at first, though once she hit solids and I had to begin carrying more with me, the Packabe was super, and held more than the Be All IMO.

I, too, lived in the city for almost 3 yrs of DS's life and several months of DD's and we walked everywhere as well, so I like being hands-free. Personally, I prefer to carry my bags on me and not leave anything on the stroller, especially once DS began potty training and I had seconds to get him to a potty!

If you do end up going wit a saddlebag and then a smaller bag for you, the Be Small is a super little bag! I recently saw some pics of the Be Smart and love the way it hangs on the stroller!

HTH!
Tina

asmith130
03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
My 2 DDs are 13 months apart and I have used a packabe more than any other bag with them. It's so nice to be hands-free when you're chasing after 2 little ones. Your newest addition will be moving before you know it! Plus you'll need extra room to carry food/feeding supplies, etc. in 6 months. It all comes so fast!

I've loved the packabe!

If you go to Ju-Ju-Be's website, they have a forum with bags for sale, so you could get a gently used one if you're unsure. That way you can get it a little less expensive and resell it there if it's not what you want. Just a thought...

Have fun shopping!

hudsonam
03-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Have you looked at a Lexie Barnes Duchess? I saw an IRL pic the other day and it looked a little smaller then the Packabe. And really cute. :) Congrats!