PDA

View Full Version : I may have found the perfect bag! Baby Kaed? Anyone have one?

MNmomtobe
03-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Went to Uberbaby today to look for the Packabe and they didn't have it. I was on the search for a medium sized backpack that could be worn messenger or over the shoulder. I had previously decided on the Packabe but fell in love with the Baby Kaed backpack! I saw the pink one in the Oioi-like design. It is about the same size as a Ju Ju Packabe. Has two outside bottle pockets, slim pocket in the front and back. Comes with tons of stuff like a pacifier pouch, hard wipes case, bag for dirties, and of course, a changing pad. http://www.babykaed.com/collection/babybags.php

The only drawback I could see is it may be hard to keep clean. Maybe the fabric is treated like the Bumble Bags?
Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had a Baby Kaed bag and if they like it? They are really stylish and the price is really not too bad.

ETA: found a good link of the bag I saw today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HASW76?ie=UTF8&tag=hitschec-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000HASW76

MNmomtobe
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM
This bag is on sale today at amazon for almost half-price, free super saver shipping- in case anyone is interested! :)

MNmomtobe
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM
This bag is on sale today at amazon for almost half-price, free super saver shipping- in case anyone is interested! :)

flickinpa
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Looks like a great bag. Never heard of it before. I wanted to ask you what type of closure it has,(velcro, magnet, zip). I just bought a JJB Packabe and I love it but was curious in your opinion what are the major differences in these 2 bags?
Thanks...I love the Baby Kaed patterns.
Elizabeth

MNmomtobe
03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't have the bag yet. I did the free super saver shipping so it may take another week or so to get the bag.
It does have a zipper closure on the top of the bag. From what I remember about seeing it IRL, I don't think it had any velcro or magnets on it. It had a slim pocket in the front and back of the bag. I have only seen the Packabe once and it was quite a while ago.

I would say the differences (from my limited IRL experience with the Baby Kaed and from what I've read about the Packabe) would be:

Baby Kaed does not have padded backpack straps and the newer style Packabe does. The newer Packabe also has stroller attachments while the Baby Kaed does not. I'm sure you could easily hang the Kaed from a stroller though using carabiners through the metal rings that the messenger strap attaches to.
The material on the Packabe seems easier to keep clean- wipeable whereas the material on the Kaed seemed like it may be hard to keep clean (ummm...why did I get this bag again? :)) The side pockets on the Kaed were definitely slim. I could squeeze a skinny Dr. Browns in there but it would be a no-go for a sippy.

They were about the same size and shape- about as long as it is wide-kinda boxy. One thing I did like better about the BK bag was that the messenger strap was on the sides of the bag and not on one end like the Packabe strap.

Admittedly, I know the slim bottle pockets (One of my bag criteria was large bottle pockets) may end up being an issue, but I figured for the price, I would jump on it. Also, the pictures on the Amazon website really don't do the bag justice. It was a REALLY nice looking bag IRL with nice thick fabric. It looked so pretty, I kind of made myself get over the small side pocket thing.

I will let you know how I like the bag once I get it if you are still interested. I can take some pics too.

BTW, I noticed that the Blue circle and square print (I got the pink one) is on sale at Amazon right now. I know a few weeks before I ordered my bag, amazon had them even cheaper at $39.99, so they seem to have certain ones on sale quite often.

amiemarie7
03-13-2007, 08:31 AM
just wondering how much you paid? and i would be very interested in pics when you get it. did you get to see the pink paisley at the store. i love it but cant figure out the material. lmk how it goes! thanks amie
>BTW, I noticed that the Blue circle and square print (I got
>the pink one) is on sale at Amazon right now. I know a few
>weeks before I ordered my bag, amazon had them even cheaper at
>$39.99, so they seem to have certain ones on sale quite often.
>

MNmomtobe
03-13-2007, 09:24 AM
The pink circle/square design was $59.99 at Amazon last Friday which is when I ordered it. It was one of those friday amazon deals.

I will post some pics and a review once I get it. The material on the one I saw was really thick and kinda soft. It reminded me a lot of the Bumble Bags fabric if you have ever seen one of those.

BTW, I would still like to get a Packabe but maybe I will wait a bit to get that one so DH doesn't have a fit. :) In all honesty, I think the Packabe will work better for me overall but I didn't want to pass up the price on the Baby Kaed. I am guessing that with the "mommy pocket" on the Packabe, the organization will be better. I kind of look at diaper bags like purses though since I don't carry both a purse and a diaper bag. So I say a girl can't have too many. :)

gatorsmom
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I just read the link you posted and it said to spot clean the exterior which is exactly what the manufacturer of the Petunia Picklebottoms says to do for the PP backpacks. I've had 2 of the PPs and I can tell you that that is a HUGE draw back.

The first PP I had was a dark red and black pattern and showed very little but I now have a light blue one with a light-colored pattern and it shows everything. The fabric is super inconvenient. I don't think I"ll get another for that reason alone.

Not sure this helps.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

momlina
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I own a Baby Kaed, not the fabric one though, the Devani bag which is made of nylon and leather. I don't think the leather is real, but it looks and feels real. This is my 3rd diaper bag I have owned in 4 months and by far the best diaper bag. It is easy to keep clean...no spot cleaning, I could probably hose it down if I wanted to. I couldn't deal with spot cleaning. If you want a great diaper bag that is functional and easy to clean and pretty darn stylish too, I would definatley recommend the Devani.
I went to a friends baby shower this past weekend and got her a Devani baby kaed diaper bag...it was a HUGE hit!!!
Hope this helps!!!

Lina

gatorsmom
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Do you have a link to see what it looks like? Can you tell me where you got it? The PP is just not practical for us anymore (although I LOVE how stylish it is!)

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

bubbaray
03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Could you post pics of this bag??

TIA

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

MNmomtobe
03-14-2007, 03:39 PM
There is a pic of the Devani bag on the babykaed.com link that I listed in my original message.

MNmomtobe
03-14-2007, 03:40 PM
The Bumble Bags also say to spot clean but they are treated to be stain-resistant. I don't know if the BK bags are as well. If not, I will probably scotch-guard it. I know PPB bags you cannot scotch-guard- at least it is not recommended by the manufacturer.

MNmomtobe
03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I only saw the pink circle/square one IRL. Didn't see the pink paisley. Sorry. The backpacks may all have similar fabrics though. You could call BK and ask them about the fabric on the paisley.
There is a toll-free number listed on their website.
Honestly, amazon seems to have a sale on certain styles so often (and I have only been looking for less than a week!), I wouldn't pay full price. If you like the paisley print, I would keep checking back to see if the price has dropped.

gatorsmom
03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Really? I never read that and I scotch-guarded both my bags. That is perhaps why the color faded on both of them (after several months).

I really, really like some of the other bags I"ve seen, but I need a backpack. I can't get used to an "over the shoulder" or messanger bag. I love my PPB backpack for that reason and for the fact that it's so big. Of course, I LOVE the colors and beauty of it. But I'm finding that with 2 toddler boys, I need something slightly more durable. Any suggestions? (didn't mean to hijack your thread, btw).

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

MNmomtobe
03-14-2007, 04:12 PM
This is the thread that I was reading before where someone stated PPB don't recommend scotchguarding. http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=27999&mode=full

I'm sure there is no issue with it though unless it is because of putting chemicals on the bag. I am not sure. So you found that your lighter colored PPB bag still stained pretty easily even after scotchguarding?

momlina
03-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Here's a link to the baby kaed Devani bag, it is a very durable bag.I got one in orange and got one for my friend in black we love it.

http://www.babykaed.com/collection/babybags.php

the pictures don't do it justice, I get compliments on it all the time.
Hope this helps!

gatorsmom
03-14-2007, 04:26 PM
For whatever reason, the first PPB that I scotchguarded as soon as it arrived, didn't stain even after I'd owned it for a year. But it was in red and black and maybe I didn't notice some stains. The second one I have now in the Dynamite Roll (I think that was it- in light blue?) and it stained after 6 months. And for whatever reason, the front faded really bad. I didn't think I had it outside that much. But for whatever reason, the front is noticably lighter than the back. strange...

I just read another thread and am interested in either the PackaBe or especially the Posh Baby Ultimate bag. It isn't nearly as pretty as the PPB but does look more durable. Have any experience with these?

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005

gatorsmom
03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
It IS beautiful, but I am realizing more and more that I need a BACKPACK. Am definitely leaning toward the Posh Baby Ultimate backpack. Ever owned one of these? thoughts?

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005