PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need travel bouncer for big baby

sunnhappy
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi all,

I'm in desperate need for advice. I have a 4.5 month old son and we are taking him on his first trip (a necessary trip, not one for fun, unfortunately). We will be staying with relatives and they have no kid-gear. He can't sit by himself yet, and I was basically told that we could all just "pass him around" for 3 days. I don't want this and I KNOW he won't want this. He will play on the floor for a while, and they do have a porta-crib for him to sleep in, but nothing else.

Any suggestions? He weighs too much for most, if not all, travel bouncers. He's almost 19 lbs now.

Please offer ANY suggestions. If nothing else, I guess we could bring our big baby papasan, but we're already packing so much........

Thanks all!
Lesley :)

sunnhappy
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi all,

I'm in desperate need for advice. I have a 4.5 month old son and we are taking him on his first trip (a necessary trip, not one for fun, unfortunately). We will be staying with relatives and they have no kid-gear. He can't sit by himself yet, and I was basically told that we could all just "pass him around" for 3 days. I don't want this and I KNOW he won't want this. He will play on the floor for a while, and they do have a porta-crib for him to sleep in, but nothing else.

Any suggestions? He weighs too much for most, if not all, travel bouncers. He's almost 19 lbs now.

Please offer ANY suggestions. If nothing else, I guess we could bring our big baby papasan, but we're already packing so much........

Thanks all!
Lesley :)

clc053103
03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
How about a rental? When I visited my parents in FL they had a rental place. WE got a crib and exersaucer there- and the items were like brand new. I would definitely not want to drag the papasan with me!

val01
03-25-2007, 02:43 PM
We have a Graco Travel Bouncer - not sure the weight limit on it. It's the Winsor Pattern, and it folds up pretty small.

Valerie

DAKnits
03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
I HIGHLY recommend renting -- I did this when I went to Long Island, NY and that stuff was completely sanitized, and cleaner than any of my friends' equipment. It was a life saver.

Another option is to look on craigslist before you go, and arrange for someone in your family pick it up. But then you'd have to either give it away before you leave, or see if your familiy would keep it somewhere for when you visit in the future.