PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag to replace JJ Cole Essentials?

SASM
03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I am not up on the latest diaper bags...need help! I am on my 2nd JJ Cole Essentials bag. I LOVE the size ~ it is slim and holds a lot. Gotta LOVE the price, too, but it falls apart (hence the price). This one has small-yet-getting-bigger-by-the-day holes between all 3 compartments. :( The main compartment is also starting to tear from the strap on one side. So...any suggestions? I am not going to need a bigger bag for several months from now (hopefully) but I am thinking that a replacement is needed soon. Any ideas? I already have a Kecci, which I really do not like ~ too big, smells like latex, and not comfortable on my back. I use it as my spare trunk bag.

THANK YOU (I hope).

SASM
03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I am not up on the latest diaper bags...need help! I am on my 2nd JJ Cole Essentials bag. I LOVE the size ~ it is slim and holds a lot. Gotta LOVE the price, too, but it falls apart (hence the price). This one has small-yet-getting-bigger-by-the-day holes between all 3 compartments. :( The main compartment is also starting to tear from the strap on one side. So...any suggestions? I am not going to need a bigger bag for several months from now (hopefully) but I am thinking that a replacement is needed soon. Any ideas? I already have a Kecci, which I really do not like ~ too big, smells like latex, and not comfortable on my back. I use it as my spare trunk bag.

THANK YOU (I hope).

hudsonam
03-14-2007, 07:45 AM
What style of bag do you want? Backpack, messenger, tote? So many bags, so little time. ;)

SASM
03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Actually, I would love something similar without a hefty price tag.

BACKPACKS: I do not love backpacks b/c they are generally not very comfortable on my back and too bulky.

MESSENGERS: I like these but they are annoying when I lean forward, etc and the thing bonks me in the face (or my child). Not enjoyable while running after a 4yo and 2yo.

TOTE: I like these (tend to be more stylish) but they NEVER seem to stay put on my shoulder. One more thing to annoy me on a crazy day.

I really like the slimness and practicality of the Essentials but do not want to get yet another one that will fall apart. :( I like the simplicity of it and it is light enough so it doesn't other me if I wear it for hours. And...I like that when I am tired of it I can just fling it over the canopy of the e3 or snap onto a handle bar. I did start using the Essentials when Bryn turned 3 months (and Ian was still in diapers) so I guess I probably could use a similiarly sized bag when #3 arrives but I'll be dealing with a different season.

UGH...I do not know. I am already sleepless and I do not want to think about this in the middle of the night like I did with Ian and the car seats (and diaper bags and strollers)!! Can anyone help me and my scattered brain?? Am I making sense?? I know...I should probably just buy another one but I do not want to invest $90+ into a $30 bag. UGH!

TIA (I hope)!!

hudsonam
03-16-2007, 09:17 AM
I just ordered an Overland Luna from Shoebuy.com (but you can order it anywhere - they have a 20% coupon now though - March07 - plus 10% off if you register on the site), and it's the same type of sling backpack style as the JJ Cole, but it's not technically a diaper bag. But it's small too. I read some good things here about it, and decided to give it a shot, to replace my Lexie Barnes Darling, which I didn't find that comfortable to carry messenger style. There's a couple good pics of it on their site - http://www.overlandequipment.com/

Otherwise, I can't think of any similar styled bagsā€¦. I don't carry my diaper bag very often. It's either on the stroller or from the house to the car and the car to the next place. I have an Oi Oi Hobo and the Lexie Barnes Superstar for our big bag.

If you order the Overland Luna from Shoebuy.com, you can return it for free, so that's nice insurance if you aren't sure.