PDA

View Full Version : Cloth/lightweight bags?

Globetrotter
03-10-2007, 01:13 AM
I had posted some time ago about lightweight wallets, which led me on a search for Vera Bradley bags! I'm still considering one of the VB wallets, but I also need a bag :) There is one style there that will work for me (the carry all) but unfortunately it doesn't come in the design I really want, soooo..... what other brands are there?

I want a zip top, relatively lightweight yet roomy (at least 11" wide, 10" high) with a single adjustable strap, and it must be pretty! I would also like at least one outside pocket and a cell phone pocket inside.

Can you think of anything that fits the bill? I haven't looked at cloth bags before, but it made so much sense for me since I'm trying to go lighter!

Kris

tiapam
03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
You should definitely consider a LeSportsac. They are made of nylon and very lightweight. I love mine. The Deluxe Everyday and the Deluxe Messenger are the ones that most people use for diaper bags. I actually use the former more as a purse and just put some things in for DD
(2 YO).

They have lots of other styles but I think those fit your criteria pretty well. The patterns change seasonally. There are usually some on Ebay and I think you can still order from their outlets, though I have never done it. For more info, try searching the archives for old posts.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

Globetrotter
03-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks! Those actually look like they might work!

Kris

tiapam
03-14-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't see the Deluxe Messenger in the stores very often - I think just once. I don't usually like flaps but this one is perfect for just diapers and changing supplies, so it's not a pocket you have to use very often and that stuff stays separate from food and toys.

I was at a Nordstrom Rack today and saw some Deluxe Everdays for about $30. I also just bought one today at Lord and Taylor for the same price. That is a really good price, and no shipping.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

symesa
03-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Check out Clutterbags -- she has tons of differnt sizes! I'm about to order a wristlet from her...

http://www.clutterbags.com/

samantha546
03-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Skip Hop is fairly lightweight.. the canvas ones at least and the Lexie Barnes bags are also very lightweight. Cute prints too!

Globetrotter
03-16-2007, 01:47 PM
WOO HOO! I found the perfect Deluxe Everyday Lesportsac - great suggestion! Thanks :)

Kris