PDA

View Full Version : Need help to decide on which Ju Ju Be!

newmommy2007
03-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Hello
I'm expecting my first (a girl) in 6 weeks and I have totally gotten hung up in diaper bag mania. I have a Lands End LT and a Colorado Tote from BRU (I registered for it before I knew how much other great stuff there was out there - I think it might make a good Daddy bag). I really want a bigger and more fashionable bag for myself.

I am really interested in the Ju Ju Be Be All and Packabe, but I can't decide between them. I like the idea that the Packabe can be carried in so many different ways, but most of the pictures I have seen are with it used as a backpack. Does it look OK when carried as a messenger? Is it too bulky? Also, is it hard to find things in the Packabe because it is so deep?

Is the strap on the Be All long enough to carry across your body when you are really tall? (I am about 6 feet tall)

Also, are these bags too big for only one baby? Do they look OK when not completely full?

Other bags I have considered are the
Skip Hop Dash
Oi Oi Messenger (I have not seen much written about it on this site -I don't think the strap is adjustable)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Amy

julieakc
03-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Amy:

The Ju-ju-bes are great bags. I have a Packabe, and previously had a BeAll. It really comes down to personal preference for the horizontal vs. vertical layout. Generally, I personally prefer a horizontal layout because I feel that it's easier to see/find everything. That being said I do have bags with a vertical layout too (in addition to the Packabe). With the Packabe I generally put the snack capsule on the bottom (since I generally don't need to get in/out of it all the time) and then put other things on top that I want more frequent access to. The BeAll didn't work well for me because my DS was older when I got it, but I think it would have worked better for me when he was a newborn (when I was carrying more stuff, and smaller stuff...lots of small pockets I felt I wasn't utlizing).

I think the Packabe looks OK when carrried messenger, but just OK...it's a bit boxy for my preference that way. It is my outing bag and I do alternate it between messenger and backpack, so I certainly do wear it messenger.

I beleive the new BeAlls have an adjustable strap so it might be long enough for you.....the older ones without the adjustable strap probably would have been too short for you.

I have a Dash too which I love. Skip Hops are also great bags.

I briefly had a Oi Oi Hobo, but sold it....it was a nice bag, just bigger than I needed (again, with a toddler, not a newborn).

Not sure if this helped or not.