PDA

View Full Version : Booster vs. Hook on seat?

keschy
03-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Our DS is 8 months old and we are looking for a chair for restaurants and an upcoming trip. I was going to get a regalo hook on chair but now I've been hearing that the fisher price booster chair is good. Any ideas about which is better?

hudsonam
03-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I've heard good things about the hook on kind. We have a Cooshie Booster, and while we planned on bringing it out with us, we never remember. So we use the ones at the restaurants. But we used a high chair out up until just recently, and DS is almost 27 months. It's just easier then trying to contain them in a booster when they start moving around more and want to get up. I don't know if this has helped at all. Sorry! :)

TereasaT
03-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I think they are both great. My friend has the Regalo hook on chair, and I have the FP booster chair. The only thing with the hook on chair is if you have a grabby child, you have to push everything away from them on the table. It makes it a little difficult if you are at a small table. You also have to have a table to use it. With the FP booster chair, you can use the tray that comes with it. Also, I have brought it to parties and picnics when my DS was in a very crawly and active phase. I could set it on the ground, and he could eat in it.

parker10302
03-24-2007, 12:14 AM
We've owned both the hook-on chair and we have the Fisher Price healthy booster. I far prefer the FP booster over the hook-on chair. The FP has it's own tray and is so easy to clean. We actually used it as our main high chair for about six months, because it was so much easier to use than the high chair I had for my first DD. The hook-on chair is more difficult to keep clean, it's REALLY hard to get a stubborn toddler into it, and it doesn't hook on to all tables.

HTH :)
Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05