PDA

View Full Version : Review of Baby Kaed backpack with pictures!

MNmomtobe
03-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Okay, I finally got around to taking pictures this week! I received the bag Monday but have not used it yet but I think I will like it.

When I first received it, I thought it was huge- but after comparing it to my Bumble Bags Madeline, it really isn't much bigger. Just FYI: in the comparison photos, the BK bag is packed, but the BB Madeline is empty.

First of all, it comes with a white dust bag, dirty clothes bag (the pink drawstring bag) which is lined with a waterproof/water-resistant type material, a hard plastic wipes container, a zippered pouch which would be good for a few cosmetics,a larger changing pad and a pacifier holder (smaller pink drawstring type bag). The pacifier pouch has a small loop on it so it can be attached to the outside of the bag. Please note that the pink/brown pacifier holder that I show in one of the pics is a JJ Cole one that I already had.

Anway, the shape of the bag is very similar to the BB Madeline and the Packabe.

There is a zippered pocket in the front which has a phone pocket and enough room for mommy items.

The back pocket has a magnetic closure. I was able to fit my JJ Cole changing pad in there, which is a folded changing pad with my hard wipes case and 2 diapers in there.

There are slim bottle pockets on either side. I was able to fit a small sippy in one of the pockets without a problem.

There is a key fob attached to the bottom of the bag which is handy.

The bag I have is the pink circle/square design which is actually tan with a pink design. The interior of the bag is tan with waterproof or water-resistant material.

I am impressed by the organization of this bag! This is a definite plus over the BB Madeline. There are 5 interior pockets- 2 large pockets and 3 smaller ones. The changing pad will fit vertically in the back pocket of the bag- though it will stick up a little, or will fit horizontally in the center of the bag.

The backpack straps are unpadded but seemed like it would be comfortable to wear. There is a removable messenger/shoulder strap that clips to metal rings on either side of the bag. I used these metal rings to hook the bag onto my stroller using carabiners.

The only issue I see with this bag is the material staining easily. I emailed Baby Kaed and they said it was not treated to be stain-resistant. They mentioned that I could scotchguarded it, but to test it on a hidden area first. I have yet to do this. I figure since I paid half-price for the bag, I will try not to have an anxiety attack when I start seeing stains.

I really like the fact that there are different straps for the backpack and the messenger strap so I don't have to switch straps around all the time. It is a really pretty bag and the fabric is nice and thick. I love that the inside pockets are made of a nice thick material so they're not "floppy". I also have a Pottery Barn Kids Ultimate bag with nice organization but the pockets are made from a very thin fabric so the stuff kinda gets smushed.

I will try and edit this post once I have used the bag for a while or if I forgot to mention a feature, but so far I really like it! I thought I would add that I purchased this bag on amazon and it is on sale frequently.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/peonytulipgarden/album/576460762394741710

tina-t
03-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Thank you for the great review and pics!