PDA

View Full Version : What's the best diaper bag?

kruggel2004
03-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi everyone,
Well i think i have almost everything I need for our arrival in early in May, except for a diaper bag. I'm not to fond of the traditional diaper bags that you find at Wal-Mart etc.
Which ones do you love and why?
Thanks so much and have a wonderful day :-)

maurenemm
03-27-2007, 12:53 PM
You could get a lot of different opinions on this. So much depends on how many kids you have, your budget, your style and preferences.

I've only owned a few bags (and just one child) but my favorite is the Lexie Barnes Darling - its a great size for me and I have to have external bottle pockets.

If you're on a budget, my advice would be to start with a less expensive bag to get an idea of what features and size you need in a bag. Later you can upgrade. The Skip-Hop Dash is very popular bag that you probably can't go wrong with (unless you want a more stylish bag).

hudsonam
03-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Some bags I love:

Lexie Barnes Superstar - great larger bag
Lexie Barnes Darling - great mid-sized bag that attaches to the stroller and has great bottle pockets on the outside
Ju-Ju-Be Be Smart - great tote style bag
All Ju-Ju-Be bags - something about the material and all the great features - I love these bags
Oi Oi Hobo - great mid-sized bag

DAKnits
03-28-2007, 10:41 PM
It totally depends on the age of your child (what you'll need to bring with you every day), how you like to carry your bag, and what you're lifestyle/style is.

For me, my favorites are:

Large bag: Posh Baby Ultimate Backpack/Messenger: can be worn both ways which is necessary for me when carrying a large bag which by it's nature, means you're packing a lot and carrying a heavy load. When I'm carrying a heavy load, I need to carry it on my back, and I really prefer to have my hands free to deal with my daughter anyway. I find this bag totally comfortable to wear even when stuffed full. Waterproof material so totally easy to clean. The bag itself is lightweight which is important when you're already carrying a heavy load.

Large Travel Bag: Hands down, Land's End Triple Compartment backpack: holds the most of any of the backpacks I've tried, great organization, durable, incredibly comfortable straps, great price, a total travel essential.

Medium bag: Skip Hop Dash or Fluerville Sling Tote. The Skip Hop is more sporty, great organization. The strap isn't as comfy as the Fleurville which has cuter prints. The Fluerville messenger strap is th emost comfortable I've tried. Whenever possible, I take off a detachable messenger strap off any bag, and replace it with the Fleurville one. The Fluerville Sling Tote isn't as well organized as the Dash and lacks outside bottle pockets which I prefer.

Small bag: Land's End Little Tripper: perfect small bag for me, two outside bottle pockets, great mommy pocket, plenty of room for those small trips. Super durable, sporty, great price.

HTH!