PDA

View Full Version : LeSportSac Diaper Bag Review- Awesome!

artsandcrafts
03-30-2007, 06:06 AM
All-
For whatever reason, the standard bags generally sold at the baby stores weren't appealing to me so I looked for something different. I searched for for months for a bag that would be comfortable and functional but wouldn't scream BABY BAG and finally found my "ideal" so I had to share with you all.
It is a LeSportSac Diaper Bag and comes in black nylon or a fun cartoony print they call "Tokidoki". Due to the material- it is extremely lightweight and I think it will be great for the humid summers here. It has a single strap and can be worn crossbody/ messenger style but has a top-zip and no flap. It has two front pockets and side mesh pockets to hold bottles. On the back is one large pocket which includes a changing pad. Inside are two zip pockets and a cell phone pocket as well.
The downside is definitely the price- almost $200. Below is a link if you'd like to check it out. Let me know if you have any questions about it.
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=234917&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

supercalifragilous
04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I just came back from Hawaii and bought a LSS bag - not the diaper one - but a large purse which I think would be perfect for a toddler bag (DD's almost 4 but I still carry a lot of stuff). I got the one with the wider strap so it would make carrying easier - I find the narrower straps to cut into my neck/shoulder when I carry too much heavy stuff (like my cameras).

I know some have complained about the lack of inside organization but my purse has a lot of zippers on the outside. LSS also has tons of little organizer pouches in different sizes and styles and you can find them in the same material to match. I think that's why they don't provide many inherent organizing pockets - they're selling the pouches. They actually do give you one in the same material as your bag. I remember having a LSS organizer pouch as a pencil/pen case in high school!

My bag has two main compartment zippers (basically the bag is cut in half and one side is expandable with another zipper) and one has an internal attached zippered compartment in addition to the loose matching pouch they give you.

Externally, on one side it has one zipper running along the length of the bag. I put maps/brochures here. At the airport, I put our itinerary folder in here.

On the opposite side, it has the same length-of-the-bag external zipper but also two half-length compartments that are zippered. I used one for my hotel card key and the other for the rental car key and papers and my cell phone.

I love that LSS has exclusive designs per city - there were 3 Hawaii-exclusive designs - DD, my mom, and I all got one each to remember our trip. I saw that Tokidoki one - it's really cute!

They also had a really pretty metallic/prism light pink collection and a silver prism collection. I *almost* bought the backpack.

They ARE really $$$$, but they are AMAZINGLY lightweight and strong. When you're carrying around a bunch of stuff, it really makes a difference. They are also machine washable. I am definitely now a LSS fan! They are PERFECT for travel, if nothing else. Since we got ours, I noticed a TON of people carrying LSS around - especially at the airport! Now I wonder where they purchased theirs if I see a particular design and if it's city-exclusive. There are some really pretty patterns out there!