PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a bike trailer for 2?

todzwife
04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
DH and I want to get bikes and I want a trailer that will hold our 3 yr old and our 1 yr old...

Any suggestions? There is nothing local to us.

cpepper
04-20-2007, 11:28 PM
I got one from Nashbar which is an online discount bike spot. It is the Nashbar brand. It is around 70. I just got it around Christmas but it seems durable. I have one 2 year old but it holds 2 and I don't see any problem fitting a 3 and 1 year old in it. My parents had a very similar style 20 years ago for my little sister and I think she rode in it until she was 7 or 8.

katydid1971
04-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I just saw one at costco. I can't remember how much it was, sorry. Last year I found several sites online that ship them for a fair rate but ended up listing a posting on Craig's List on got a used Burley in excellent condition that we are very happy with.

bemis23
04-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Have you checked into a dreamer design? They go for about $200, including stroller kit. The seats are nice (kids won't fall into the middle), mesh holes are small so no raocks will get in, it is easy to maneuver, and has a decent storage space in back. Also, the pockest in side of it are good. Quality of fabric seems better than some of the others in this price range. Of the ones I've tried out (and I've done extensive research) I think this is the best low-end to mid-price trailer/stroller. It IS big though....a bit wider than the burley and some other ones, but it is about the best you will find in this price range. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Yakima Caddy Yak or Tot Rod???

tobycat
05-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I suggest the Chariot Cougar 2. I don't know what your budget is and this one is pretty pricey, but for us (we have the single) it has been worth the cost. We also have the jogger attachment. If this is too pricey, the one at Costco is also made by Chariot (their lower end line) and looks like it would handle well.

candice

inmypjs
05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I looked into this last year, and from what I saw/read/heard, Burley is top of the line. That was a little out of our price range, so we went with a double trailer by InStep. We got it at Target. At the time it was also for sale on Amazon.com and got great reviews by lots of people. HTH.