PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for cleaning canvas bags like the SKip Hops?

Melanie
04-02-2007, 02:20 PM
My beautiful new pink one leapt out of my car onto the parking lot the other day and has some dirty smudges.
Any ideas? My usual 'hand wipe' remedy is not cutting it.

Melanie
04-04-2007, 01:05 AM
No one? Is it just doomed to be dingy?

southern_kali_gurl
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
You can put it in the washing machine without the strap, upside down with all zippers open and then hang it to dry. I've washed my Dash and it came out great.

klass2
04-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I have a pink one that is all nasty and stained up on the bottom. There are some marks that just won't come out no matter what. Mostly blackish marks from being on the floor/ground.

I also have a Dash in charcoal and red that have no stains b/c the stains come out easily. I've heard/read of people having stain issues with the pink and the ice blue ones.

Sorry. Maybe try the Tide 2 Go stick and/or a paste of Oxyclean?

amiemarie7
04-13-2007, 07:49 AM
i used shout and washed it on the hand wash cycle in cold, hung to dry, and it came out perfect. the only thing was in the corners(thats the only thing dont like about SH) they get a little worn, the tinyest dirt stayed on there but no one else could even see it, just me since i knewit was there before. hth

MamaKath
04-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Ditto on the washing tips- Machine on gentle without the strap. Hang dry. I do this occassionally with both my Expo and my Duo. They come out great! Even got fruit punch out. I would try some stain stick on any dark spots first though.

Melanie
04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm so nervous to put it in the wash, though, because I have a front-loaded that beats the heck out of my clothes and diapers. :( Maybe I'll take it to my mom's house.