PDA

View Full Version : Backpack for toddler and newborn

danismom_05
04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm due at the end of June with DC#2, and my DD will be almost 2. I'm
trying to find a bag to fit everything. I'm getting an E3 so I think
a backpack might work best. I usually pack 2 diapers, wipes, a sippy, and a couple of bags of snacks for my daughter, plus my wallet and cell phone. I'm not sure if I'll be using bottles with the baby, but I'll need room for those just in case, plus diapers and a change of clothes.

The bags I'm thinking of are a JuJuBe Packabe, a Lexie Barnes Duchess, Caden Lane Mia, PPB Boxy Backpack, and a Pottery Barn Kids Ultimate Diaper bag. Does anyone have have experience with these bags and 2 kids? Are there other bags I should be considering?

Thanks,
Leslie

sharbev
05-12-2007, 10:47 PM
My boys are 22 mths apart. I've been using a Caden Lane Mia for 2 years now (since DS#2 was born) and I LOVE IT!!!! Perfect size. Super stylish. And so durable that while I was in a very high end baby shop the other day, they literally took it off my back and started rifling through it, raving! LOL I told them I'd been using it for 2 years and they couldn't believe it. They thought it looked brand new.

Highly recommend it!
~shari

val01
05-24-2007, 07:10 PM
I can get all of that and then some in my Be All. My JJB Bag rocks! DH even loves it.

Valerie

DAKnits
05-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Here are some backpacks I would consider ... I have, or have had, every bag on this list with the exception of the Lexie Barnes Duchess which I have coming to me next week, lol! If you have any questions about any of these, let me know!

Ju Ju Be Packabe: 14"H x 11" W x 6" D (I found this too small for my one 2 1/2 year old toddler, so I think it would be too small for a newborn plus a toddler, but I pack heavier than most)

Silverline Convertible Backpack: 14"H x 13"W x 5.5"D

Lexie Barnes Duchess: 15" H X 11" W X 4.5" D

Bumble Bags Jessica: 13.5" H x 16.5" W x 4" D (this is on sale on amazon.com for $48 I think, very organized bag with tons of pockets, can fit a lot without looking big)

Posh Baby Ultimate Backpack: 14" H x 12" W x 6" D (both a messenger and a backpack, super stuffable, cute prints and wipeable material)

For sportier (and bigger) options:
Eagle Creek Parent Survival backpack: 16.5" H x 14" W x 8.5" D

Lands End Triple Compartment Backpack: 18" H x 12" W x 7 1/4 D (price is great, and this is the most comfy backpack I have ever tried -- I think everyone who has this bag says the same thing)

jassara
06-02-2007, 12:15 AM
I've loved my PPB Boxy with my 2 kids. It has plenty of room and I love that I can use it as a backpack, a shoulder bag or with the new stroller straps I just got for it. (Definitely recommend - you can buy them separately now) People always complain about PPB bags having to be dry cleaned, but I've had mine for 3 years and still haven't had to have it cleaned.

But I didn't check out the other brands so I can't speak to those.