PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about the Be Small? (looking for a not huge bag)

lincolnparkafterdark
04-20-2007, 08:24 AM
I love the JuJuBe bags but I'm nervous the packabe will be too deep and the Be-All will be too wide (at 14" that's pretty large). I had a Do-It-All for my twins when they were babies and it was too big even for twins (except for long trips). And HEAVY, even empty it is heavy.

So, now my twins are (nearly) 6 so I'm just looking for a bag for a singleton newborn. I'm thinking I need to go on the smaller side. so I'm looking at the Be-Small but I'm unsure about how it opens....it looks like it opens all the way around except the bottom, so is stuff falling out when you go in to fish something out?

also i want to hang this bag on a stroller (Mac Techno XLR). Are there any bags out there I need to be looking at other than the Be-Small that will suit my needs? I'm starting to panic as I've got less than a month to go and NO DIAPER BAG yet!

thanks anyone with input!!!

tmrbwilson1998
04-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Hi! I had a Be Small for a very short while (I have also had the Packabe, Be All, and Be Smart, lol - love JJB!) but it ended up being too small once DD started needing foods (before that, she was only BF, so no worries).

The thing I wish it had was an extra bottle/sippy holder so I could pack one for each kiddo of mine or if with 1, a sippy and a small bottle of water for me. I really liked the Be Small though; it holds quite a bit for the size. If you go to the JJB site and click on the IRL Gallery, there are some great pics of just how much some Moms can get in there!

I have not attached here in quite some time and cannot seem to figure it out (crazy; last year I was attaching pics all the time), but if you would like to email me, I could send you some pics of mine!

I guess it really just depends on how much you need to pack as to whether it would work well for you. For instance, I know at least with DC #1, I needed to pack an extra outfit, a rec'ing blanket to cover myself with during nursing, the gas drops, etc. in addition to the normal stuff I carry, so I would not have chosen the Be Small. Also, if you like a bag with extra "give" room as I do (I do not like a stuffed-to-the-gills bag), you may want to consider that.

I liked the organization, the print I had (Lush Paisley!), and the comfy strap. I also liked that it could double as a purse is need be and it did not scream diaper bag. And alas, the fact that these babies are machine washable and air dry makes them #1 in my book after experiencing some spills in other expensive bags!

I have IRL pics of me wearing the Packabe as a bp, the Be All as a messenger, and the Be Small if that would help. Just let me know!

HTH a little!
Tina
tmrbwilson 1998 @ yahoo . com

lincolnparkafterdark
04-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Tina,
thank you! Can I ask out of all your Ju-Ju-Be's which style you preferred? I can't tell now if I'm going to want to use the packabe as a backpack or more messenger but i've read that it's a little awkward as a messenger. Also I want to hang on the stroller so it might spend a lot of time there.

I'm starting to think a lot about the points you mentioned and maybe I do need a regular sized bag instead of just a small one. it's funny though, the dimensions on the Be-Small aren't *that* much smaller than the other bags. I have to decide soon!

oh, if you do have the time to send me pics you can use this email addy:

[email protected]

thanks so much!!!
J

tmrbwilson1998
04-21-2007, 09:19 AM
I emailed you!

:)
Tina