PDA

View Full Version : SH Pronto vs. JJB Be Changed vs. Patemm - which changing pad for travel..?

natasha_n
04-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Hello –

I need your help again! This time I am looking for a large and cushy changing pad kit.

I am going to be traveling with DD in a about month (~ 25 hr plane trip including layovers). God only knows where I will have to change her diaper, I have hard time picturing changing a diaper in the airplane bathroom… But I am sure that it’s doable.

I am going to be taking a large diaper backpack with me (probably DaisyGear one), but I would also like to have a nice changing pad.
My only requirements that I can think of are size (big, yet not too bulky) and soft and cushy (unlike the thin ones that come standard with cheaper diaper bags).

I am considering Patemm Pad (too bulky?), SH Pronto and JJB Be Changed. Any others? I haven’t seen any of them in person (just BRU around here), so I really need your opinions about these 3 options.
How do they compare? Which one takes the least of space? Which one would you recommend for 1 yr old squirmy worm ..? :)

Thank you!

Niki_n_Abby
04-24-2007, 11:24 AM
For a "1 yr old squirmy worm" I would definitely get the large Patemm. I have the large with pockets and won't use anything else. It covers everything! It isn't small but would fit in a backpack just fine. It is fairly thin empty, gets bulkier the more you put in it, but I can fit 6 diapers and a hard wipes case, fold it up and put it in my LE Backpack just fine.

The others are fine changing kits but they just aren't as large as the Patemm and for a changing pad, I want LARGE.

Niki

sassygirl
04-25-2007, 09:55 AM
I just got the Be Changed and it is very large and very cushy. It has that memory foam in the middle. The cool thing about this pad is that it folds up into its own little bag. Check out the ju-ju-be website and you can see it in action. http://www.ju-ju-be.com/in_real_life.html Just scroll down a bit and you'll see one. And the pockets for the diapers and wipes are down at the bottom where you are changing the baby-very convenient compared to my other pads that I had to reach up and struggle with the baby while finding the right supplies.

Have a great trip!