PDA

View Full Version : peapod travel beds

bunyvet
05-15-2007, 04:47 PM
HI everyone,
I have read some past posts on the pea pods vs phil&teds travel cots but have not really heard from a lot of people about them. Has anyone gotten one that didn't like either one and why? I am leaning toward the peapod (the extra large one) to be used by my DS for camping, spending the day at the park etc. He is almost 4 months now.
TIA,
Andrea

Serendipitee
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi.

I am bumping this thread from last year as I have the same question, although I am hoping to use either the peapod plus or the travel cot for travelling and for sleeping at grandmas.

My son is 5 months old, but I would like something that I could use for as long as possible.

Any one have any input on either?

Thanks

MacMacMoo
12-04-2008, 11:29 PM
My dad got a pea pod for my half brothers to share when they went overseas... i think they were 3 months old at the time. That or it was when they went a year later. They twins weren't fond of it, but they still used it.

First few months my DS never was in a pack n play. It's all my MIL had for him to sleep in and that was a no go. I used the eddie bauer little trvel bed box thingy and that works great. DS will now sleep in a pack n play but so the puppies don't lick him to death he still lounges in the travel bed on the living room floor at her house.

sail731
12-05-2008, 01:39 PM
We have the Pea Pod and used it for the first year or so with DD. Once she was able to sit up and move a bit, it got hard to have her sleep in it and by the time she was walking forget it.

It worked great for us for traveling and visiting family, though it definetly was out grown fast. If I did it again I would go with the Pea Pod Plus.

Overall it was way easier to pack and deal with than a PnP.

vahnessuh
12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
we just got a pea pod plus after it was recommended by our friends. they have a 3 year old (who wears 5 year old clothing) and a 9 month old. during a thanksgiving lunch at their house, they offered it to our sleeping then 7 month old baby. we liked it a lot that we bought one for ourselves. we figured we can take it around (to the beach, when we visit family and friends, to parks) and she can use it as a travel bed as well.

also, when the peapod isn't being used by their 9 month old, it serves as the 3 year old's play tent which she seems to love.

Swimfreak78
12-05-2008, 08:43 PM
We have a Pea Pod plus which we used on the boat starting when DS was 2 months old. It's great. He loves it.

Serendipitee
12-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks for your input.

We are now getting one for X-mas!

Wendy's mom
12-29-2008, 05:39 PM
I really like my peapod. I use it for traveling and also for going to friend's houses down the street. Great purchase!