PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with my diaper bag search - thinking of OiOi or LB but have ?s

ncmomma
05-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Ladies,

I'm in search of a new diaper bag. I just had my 3rd and first girl(my boys are almoost 6 and 9 - so I've been out of the baby business a while).

I bought a ju ju be be smart a few months ago and I really don't like it. My biggest gripes are the straps are too short and don't adjust (can't really carry well on my shoulder) and it has no outside bottle pockets. I plan to try to sell it and get something better. For now I'm using the similac gift bag but eager for something nicer.

I looked at the skip hop bags (found them at a local store) and really don't like the fabric... I did like the fabric of the Loom bags at that store but not as keen on the bags themselves and maybe more $ than I want to spend.

I'm considering the OiOi and Lexie Barnes ones at the moment but have a few questions for you experts. One what are the fabrics like? Two how do the OiOi messenger and hobo compare size wize? They seem fairly close. I like the hobo but worry it's just a big 'black hole' (I realize they use colored lining which is good and it has some pockets). Does the hobo organize well? Also the LB Darling how much does it hold? I really want a medium size bag - not to big and not too small. I also want an adjustable strap and pockets on the outside ends for bottles (mostly water bottles at this stage for me as I'm nursing). I want it to be easy to clean and not too bulky as well.

Please help me with some recommendations and IRL feedback.

Thanks in advance!

ncmomma
05-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I've been looking around more online and now leaning more towards an LB bag but unsure of darling versus superstar. Darling seems a bit smaller than I think I want (though it sounds like it hooks best on a stroller which is a big plus) and the Superstar seems just a bit too big.

Please advise between the two to help me decide (I hate that I can't get my hands on a couple of these before I order).

The pictures below showing both bags with a few others are helpful but still a little tough for me to gauge the size...

Also what sites do you recommend to order LB online?

Thanks in advance!!

DAKnits
05-25-2007, 12:20 PM
The Superstar is one of the biggest messenger bags out there for the heavy packers -- it's an all day outing bag for most people. I think you'd probably like the Darling for everyday, since you are really packing for one child, and the Darling does fit a surprising amount given its dimensions. HTH!

Nooknookmom
05-25-2007, 10:37 PM
I didn't like the regular Skip Hop fabric either but I looove my Skip Hop Duo Glam. It's a coated canvas, very soft and washable. Has a place for everything, attaches to the stroller and isn't too big. It was only 89.00

I looked at everything too, Ju Ju Be (too heavy), Petunia PB (dryclean only), Diaper Dude (funky pockets).

The only other brand that almost won was a Fleurville Sling Tote. If I can find one on sale I will get it as an extra. It was really nice!

samantha546
05-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Love the Darling-- great size, lightweight and very stuffable. Love the SH Duo Glam (worth it compared to the canvas imo). Very similar to the Darling but I like having both. Waiting for my JJB. Still have lots of love for my PPB but haven't used it in about a year. Diaper Dude.. that went right back.

Haven't tried the OiOi Messenger or Hobo's but have the Carryall and Backpack and I like the brand. I'd say the messenger is more for the heavier packer/mom of multiple children and the hobo is for the light packer/mom of 1.

Samantha