PDA

View Full Version : Vera Bradley Ultimate, large, or small backpack (or other?)

lmintzer
05-26-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm looking for a bag that can take me past diaper days (which are not gone yet, lol, but someday). Once Joshua decides he wants to potty train, I'll still need a change of clothes for him for a while.

I am looking for something light. I think I want a backpack style. Although I've found they are less convenient when you need to pull things out, they are more comfortable. I pack for a 6 year-old and a 3 1/2 year old. So my needs are things like sunblock, water bottles (or still sometimes a sippy for Joshua), snacks, crayons, small books and toys, etc. I am currently using a Bumble Jessica. While I love how it looks, that thing hurts my shoulder. It is not a comfortable bag. I need something for zoo trips, restaurants, etc. I am not a super light packer, especially for half-day or day trips.

I have never gotten into the Vera craze before, but they are growing on me. I'm thinking of either the Vera Ultimate (or this year's version) in black. The size on this is nice. But it's not really a summer bag, no? Then, there's the large backpack. I like Java Blue and Medallions. I'm not a pastel girl. These look bigger. Do you think they are too big for every day use? Would these prints be a pain because they match less? Also, has anyone seen the small backpack? This seems like it would be very small (more like a purse?).

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.

sophiesmom
05-26-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm looking at the vera backpacks too! I looked at the new large backpack today, thinking that is the one for me (3 kids, 1 in dipes), but it seems really big. I like the big side pocket though for a sippy, which the smaller one doesnt have. I think the smaller one looks stuffable though, I see a lot of moms w/ them. I usually carry a cooler bag so that would cover cups, plus the strollers have cupholders.

I saw the ultimate one and thought was pretty big. I did see the black microfiber travel backpack, which has me thinking of that one. It was as big smaller than the new large, but larger than the older one. It also has 2 side pockets that would fit sippys. However the inside is all black. As you said though, black isn't very summery! However all the prints clash w/ my 2 strollers. :-)

So right now it's between the travel backpack, and the smaller zip one... The smaller would be good for everyday, I'm even wondering if I should use it as my purse, as I want a a new purse too.