PDA

View Full Version : Superstar and Skip Hop Double duo

mommabear
05-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I have decided on one of these but will have to buy it online. Could someone post some pics of either bag on or both bags next to each other. They are close in size but online the SHDD looks so much bigger. Any info opinions also appreciated.
Thanks

haraldsworth
05-30-2007, 11:58 PM
I have the SHDD and it is big. I really like it. I love the small pocket for my stuff (no need for a purse). It's not too deep, but still has room for my wallet, phone and keys.

I will try to post a picture tomorrow.

samantha546
05-31-2007, 01:24 AM
SHDD is bigger than the SS. You can also pack a little more not to mention hang it from your stroller a little better. But I like both so I might not have the best answer. :)

Samantha

kep
05-31-2007, 11:27 PM
I would love to see pictures as well. These are the two bags I am debating about, too. Thanks, girls!

Kelli

Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, Joseph, born 3 days after Christmas.

mommabear
07-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Still want to see some pics.
Thanks

littlecindy
07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
this is just the outside of one i bought.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/cmswalboski/2007/071507shdd.jpg

suzhatch1
07-16-2007, 03:24 AM
I have had both. I currently still have my SHDD, but I sold my LB Superstar (recently I've been kicking myself for that, LOL!).

Going by the dimensions, the SHDD is bigger than the LB SS. It is taller, but it is slimmer. The LB SS is a tad bit longer (if at all) and shorter, but the bag is very packabe & deep.

I recently took the SH DD on an airplane trip. I had purchased it to be my carry-on bag for myself & my 2 DDs. Tons of pockets, great organization, good durable canvas material. However, it was kinda uncomfortable to carry thru the airport because when packed up, the bag is quite bulky & bulges (makes it hard to zip it closed because by nature, it has more of a slim profile than the LB SS & stuffing it makes it harder to zip). Anyway, it held everything, but most of the time I just kept the zipper open & when I wore it, it bulged out & was quite heavy.

When I got home, I realized that in comparison, even though the shape & sizes of these 2 bags are totally different, the LB SS holds the same amount of stuff as the SH DD. They have the same capacity, just diff layouts. The plus to the LB SS is that if you plan on carrying your bag a lot, it has a much more comfortable shoulder pad, plus it is lighter weight fabric & doesn't feel as bulky or heavy when fully packed.

However, if you plan on hanging the bag from your stroller most of the time, than the special stroller straps on the SH DD are a nice bonus, plus having all the exposed front pockets at quick reach would be nice to have on a stroller too. (The LB SS you have to lift the messenger flap to get at the pockets).

I have pics of both bags, but not side by side, so not sure if that would even help you at all. I hope the above info helps some. For me, the SH DD would be my choice if you need a large bag to hang primarily from a stroller, the LB SS would be my choice if you need a large bag & think you'd be carrying it a good amount of the time.

HTH,
Suz :)

mommabear
07-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Thank you so much for the review. I love my dash, so I will probably get the SHDD.