PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville Mothership vs. JuJuBe Be All and Fleurville Sling Tote vs. JuJuBe Be Smart

daisyktmama
06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Still looking for that "perfect" diaper bag. I like the look of both brands and styles - lots of pockets, "mommy" storage, insulated bottle holders, comfy handle, easy-wipe, etc... - I just don't want any TOO big or TOO small. With DS1, I had the Eddie Bauer BRU version diaper bag - huge, uncomfortable and not many pockets - HATED it. My local baby store just closed, so now I can't even check out what these brands are like. So, I'm relying on you wonderful ladies expertise... please help!

AgathiP04
06-06-2007, 07:04 AM
I personally prefer JuJuBe. I have a Packabe, but have seen the Be All IRL. I love JJB organization. Two things I really like: insulated bottle pockets and mesh pockets for all other things (so I can see what's in them). I think the Be All will hold a lot, but isn't overwhelmingly large. Have you looked at www.ju-ju-be.com at their IRL Gallery? There are great pics of everyone's bag and how they pack it
up, including the Be All and Be Smart. I also love that you can machine wash JJBs! I think they are worth every penny and I smile every time I look at my Packabe. I did try on a Fleurville Sling Tote and felt that it was a bit heavy, was dark on the inside and didn't have near the organization of a JJB.

Chelsey333
06-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I have a Mothership and a sling tote and they are both great bags. It depends what you need it for though. The Mothership is big and I love it for going off all day, or more than one child to pack for, or visiting friends, whereas I might pack extra stuff (blanket, food, etc.). I think the Mothership is a necessity for those longer trips out. The slingtote is something I would take on everyday errands. It has a ton of pockets and I can fit a good amount of stuff in it. I love the material on these bags because they never look dirty and always can wipe clean. I never noticed either bag to feel heavy, but my first bag was a Kate Spade bag and that was definitely on the heavy side - so these bags might feel lighter to me.

winterbaby
06-10-2007, 11:30 AM
i think the JJB bags have such great features and are so function but I can't get past those prints. I don't even remotely like ANY of them :( I had a sling tote that I thought was a pretty good bag. There were enough pockets and it was organized enough for me- I would have liked an outside pocket for a sippy and it was a tad heavy. If I had to pick between the SLing tote and any JJB bag I'd go with the sling tote just for the style factor but I actually prefer the Lexie Barnes Darling.

samantha546
06-11-2007, 01:16 AM
I think part of the problem is that there is no "perfect" bag out there. I've tried and failed ;) Though I haven't tried ALL bags out there-- I like to think that I've tried a fair amount.

Personally, I love Fleurville for certain things just as I love Ju-Ju-Be for others. I am really loving my new JJB bags and still love my FV just as much as I first did when I bought them.

The organization of the JJB's are great and I personally like many of their prints and find them fun. There's practicality in them while also being cute.

FV has clean, classic lines while also offering good organization. Sure, they may be a little heavier than other bags but they're also lighter than others.

It all depends on your taste but you can't go wrong with either.. heck, I say get both! ;)

Samantha

kep
06-11-2007, 12:44 PM
>It all depends on your taste but you can't go wrong with
>either.. heck, I say get both! ;)
>
>Samantha
>

You are such an enabler. ;) Btw, I checked out your website the other day, and it's really terrific! Congrats on your business.

Kelli

Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, Joseph, born 3 days after Christmas.

samantha546
06-12-2007, 02:15 AM
"Btw, I checked out your website the other day, and it's really terrific! Congrats on your business. Kelli"

Aw, shucks! Thanks so much for the compliment! :D

daisyktmama
06-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Thank you, Ladies, for all your help and opinions. I was still in a fog about them, so I decided to drive down to my nearest Nordstrom and check them out for myself, figuring that I could go online and get them cheaper when I found one I liked.

Nordstrom had the Fleurville Mothership and Sling Tote as well as the JuJuBe Be All. They didn't have the Be Smart though. That was ok. I fell in love with the Be All right away - everything seems so smart and well-organized! Then, I went to Pottery Barn Kids to get their Sail Away quilt (SO CUTE!) and discovered their Ultimate Diaper Bag! It's almost identical in it's options & pockets to the Be All and it's only $60! (The only thing it didn't have is a "parent pocket", but it has a key clip and mesh ID holder and PLENTY of pockets.) Needless to say, I bought it that day. Hopefully, it will be everything I need and more.

So, again, thank you, Ladies, for your help. I really do appreciate it!

rebeccaravit
08-05-2007, 10:26 AM
How did you end up liking the Pottery Barn Ultimate bag? I'm considering all of the above that you mentioned and was wondering if you're happy with your purchase.

The Be All seemed to be heavier than the PBK Ultimate and is double the price.

daisyktmama
08-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Well, my son isn't due until October, so I haven't used it yet. I love the look and feel of it, and it seems to have a lot of organization - which is important to me. I checked out Fleurville, JuJuBe and PBK all in the same day, and the PBK and JJB seemed to be very similar, except the price - which is why I snatched up the Ultimate.

I still LOVE the look and feel of the Be All, but couldn't seem to get past the price when the Ultimate was so similar. One thing about the Ultimate that it doesn't mention on the website - the side bottle pockets are insulated - YAY!

My suggestion would be to check them out, in person, for yourself - if at all possible. Good luck!

AMRM2
08-15-2007, 08:13 AM
I like my fleurville sling tote for quick trips and I have a kate spade one when I need to load up.

codex57
08-22-2007, 12:11 PM
>I still LOVE the look and feel of the Be All, but couldn't
>seem to get past the price when the Ultimate was so similar.
>One thing about the Ultimate that it doesn't mention on the
>website - the side bottle pockets are insulated - YAY!

One other thing the PBK website doesn't have is all the colors of the Ultimate. There's also a dark blue (but not quite navy) color. I don't know if there are more colors. When I last checked, my local PBK store seemed to be rearranging their items so I don't know if they had everything out in their proper display areas. I saw at least 4 colors of the Ultimate though. And the tag on the Ultimate bag has a ton more info about the features than the website/catalog.