PDA

View Full Version : Help fast - opinions on Kate Spade Fred backpack

cmbangerter
06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Hello-

I am looking to order a Kate Spade bag today and I'm hoping to get feedback from anyone who has the Fred Backpack. I have a three old and am expecting in July. Is the Fred big enough for the baby? What do you like/dislike about yours? Any photos? What do you pack in yours? I currently carry just a very small Guess backpack that I bought at TJ Maxx (although I have many other bags) and I think I'm going to miss the backpack style if I switch back to one of my old bags.

Any opinions would be appreciated! Thank you!
Candace
dd 3/28/04
edd 7/26/07

LD92599
06-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I had it but felt it was deep black hole and not very roomy. I used it w/ my DS for maybe 6 months? If that! I don't recall if it had a wrist strap - something i rarely use (you know the loop usually at the top?) but miss when I don't have it!

I always thought I wanted a backpack when DS was in diapers. Next time around I'll probably go w/ a messenger, but i'm sure my tastes will change by then in a few more years LOL!

Laura
Mom to Will

http://b4.lilypie.com/BhyBm5.png

audball
06-13-2007, 03:44 PM
The bag was tall, but not as deep as I needed it to be for accessibility. I'm not sure about the newer ones on the website but the interior of my red/cranberry was black, so it was difficult to see things. I didn't have a problem accessing things if I knew how to pack it - things I didn't need as much (change of clothes, allergy meds) layered on the bottom and things I needed quick access to packed up on top. The side exterior pockets were great, but the front pocket was kind of useless unless you were packing something flat, like tissues or receipts. Straps were adjustable, but maybe a little close together at the top.

That being said, I often think about this backpack. Gorgeous color and I loved the clean lines. I eventually sold it and got a JJB packabe because I needed more room for things (decided to use backpacks for traveling and not day to day).

But another bag that is similar and maybe has a little more accessibility (though not as slick , IMHO) are the Bumble Bags Madeline backpacks.

teddy
06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
If you really really miss yours, I have one collecting dust! It's definitely used but still looks okay IMHO! Feel free to email me for pics or just to reminisce about the good ol'days ;) heehee!
[email protected]