PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Skip Hop Dash.....

lazylazy
06-23-2007, 09:09 AM
How do you like your bag? What color do you have? I am thinking of getting one for my DD due end of Aug. What are other bags that I should look at (dont want to spend more than $80).
Thanks!

Marriedladytara
06-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I loved my Dash! I still use it often. Mine is black, not fancy, not hip, but it totally works. I also use a LE Little Tripper, a LE Triple Compartment Backpack, and an LLBean Diaper Bag (the touring bag style). They are all simple bags and work very well for me!

lazylazy
06-23-2007, 03:10 PM
How much stuff can you actually put in it? I dont want a huge diaper bag but something that can also hold all the baby stuff plus a few of my things and also my DS's (who will be almost 3 when the baby is born) toy cars, sippy cup, a diaper etc.

Marriedladytara
06-23-2007, 05:44 PM
I can fit a fair amount in it - it's very stiff though. When DS was tiny I carried a Diapees and Wipees case, a change of clothes (or two), bottles, water, and formula sticks (he was bottle fed), and lots of other little things. The bag never seemed "stuffed" stuffed though, if you know what I mean.

I'm loving the LL Bean for stuffability at the moment. The thing is HUGE, inexpensive, and seems to expand endlessly. It is pretty huge. And...it's a light colored interior, so no black hole factor.

MommyAllison
06-23-2007, 11:29 PM
We've used the Dash exclusively since DD was born and love it! Where I live, most people use the free formula diaper bags, so the Dash is actually quite hip. ;)

I can fit quite a bit in there, though if we are headed out for the day I often bring a second bag that is left in the car. We cloth diaper, so that adds some bulk since we don't throw diapers away when we change DD, we carry them home. :) Our bag is currently packed with a receiving blanket, a sleeper/romper, a bib, a toy car (matchbox sized), rash cream, baby tylenol, one cloth diaper, a wetbag for the diaper, a travel pack of wipes, my Bible (a thin one), keys, cell phone, DD's sunglasses, a 10 oz straw cup, wallet, checkbook, DD's health record, a few various things of mine and hers... We don't use the two front pockets at all right now, and I still have almost all of the main pocket available to pack. It really holds a lot!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

littlecindy
06-25-2007, 12:24 PM
haven't used it yet, but i just bought dash and a duo double. figure if i decide to completely forgo my own purse, i can you the DD. otherwise, the dash seems to fit a good amount and be fine for just one babe! though i haven't convinced myself i don't need an expo or a duo for something in between them in size ;)

MATTYSMOMMY
06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I have the duo in light blue. I love that I can strap it to the stroller handles. I fit a lot in there - it is my my primary bag when we go out. I have a Vera Bradley Bag I use that is smaller and for quick trips. I like Skip Hop becuase they have so many pockets it is so wasy to find everything.