PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater Canvas Bag question

Laela
06-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I am ready to order a Saltwater Canvas mesh bag for the beach, but I'm not sure which to get: the Whale Bag or the Dolphin Bag.

I only have 1 child - a 2 1/2 yo - but I always pack a lot for the beach for DH, DS, and myself: 3 towels, sunscreen, diapers, wipes, extra clothes for DS, a lunch cooler with snacks, books, magazines, and of course, all the sand toys!!

Not sure if the Whale Bag will be too big. Can anyone offer a suggestion? (And if anyone knows of any links to a picture of a packed Whale Bag or Dolphin bag, that would be great!)

Thanks!

3babiesmommy
06-25-2007, 04:55 PM
I have a whale bag and I love it! I have 3 children, and I can fit everything they need easily. We even had a day when my husband went to the pool with us and all 5 towels fit in:) From what you are describing, I don't think it will be too big. When we had the 5 towels in, there wasn't room for much else in the main opening, so if you wanted to put a cooler in there with 3 towels, I would think that would be perfect! I have never seen a dolphin, so I'm not sure of the size. HTH!

Coleen

teddy
06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
where are you getting yours? I am in the market as well.

3babiesmommy
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
I got mine through the Diaper Bag Coop board, but I just saw one for sale on the babybags yahoo group. Good Luck!

suz
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
I think if you are a heavy packer, then you would be better off with a whale bag. I have the dolphin and find that it suits my needs, but I am not a heavy packer. Besides, a beach towel takes up a lot of space in the bag.

hipmaman
06-27-2007, 09:15 PM
From the list of things that you are packing, I think you are better off with the Whale. Here are a few pictures that I have http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Oakvillemoms/Miscellaneous%20-%20Not%20for%20Sale/

The pictures are actually of the Special Whale which is bigger than the Whale being sold now. I also have a Whale and a Beach bag which is now replaced by the Dolphin with the oval opening. Special Whale in the picture has 3 beach towels, dh's trunk, 2 kids swimwear, my hardcover book and nothing else. But you get the picture. I use the Beach (aka Dolphin) for swimming lesson for the 2 kids and the picture have 2 beach towels, goggles, change of clothes for 2 kids, etc. For beach use or family outings, I take the Whale or the Special Whale.

Laela
06-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone!! I went with the Whale Bag.

I got it from this site, as it was 20% off the regular price from the main site and shipping was less too.

http://golittlestarfish.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=341

hipmaman
06-28-2007, 08:49 PM
That's a good price!