PDA

View Full Version : Need help picking Everyday and Quick Trip bags for nb

oakland
07-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I am pg with #1 and in the diaper bag decision-making process. I’m trying to make a final decision and am hoping you can help. FYI, I plan on cloth diapering, breastfeeding exclusively (bm bottles for daycare, no bottles when I’m around), and baby wearing often (stroller occasionally) – so messenger or backpack style would be best. Also only I will be using it – so it doesn’t have to be gender-neutral. I tend to be an medium/over-packer. I’m looking for 1-2 bags total – EVERYDAY OUTINGS and QUICK TRIP (with a big bag that will stay in the car). I prefer stylish, but functional would be considered.

Here’s my criteria:
MUST have a “mommy-area� b/c it will be my purse as well.
MUST have pockets galore for excellent organization.
I prefer a light colored interior (no black-hole syndrome).
I prefer stain-resistant or machine-washable fabrics.
I prefer it stand on its own.
I prefer it not to be too heavy when packed – it should be comfortable to carry/wear.

As far as particular bags that I like…
LOVE: JuJuBe (Packabe, Be Smart, Be All – Sienna Swirl has got to be best looking pattern/color I’ve seen anywhere!!), Bumble Bags (Jessica), Posh Baby (Ultimate).

LIKE: Leslie Barnes (Darling or Superstar) and Fleurville (Sling Tote) although I really don’t love any of their colors/patterns; and I’d be willing to consider LE (Lil Tripper -for quick outings?? – or DIA -for daycare or keeping in the car all the time??) but the LE bags are really not the prettiest looking bags....

DON’T LIKE: Skip Hop or Petunia Pickle Bags (no velcro), Vera Bradley.

ANY SUGGESTIONS, BASED ON THE ABOVE, AS TO WHAT BAGS I SHOULD GET FOR AN EVERY DAY BAG AND A QUICK TRIP BAG? Also, if any of the bags above (or that you know of), would be great for leaving in the car at all times, please let me know that as well.

Jacksmommy2b
07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
I love, love, love my Little tripper. I am a diaper bag-aholic and it is seriously the best bag. Perfect size for all the neccesities but small enough to put lmost anywhere. I love it (even though it is ugly :)

I'm waiting on a new bag a 2 red hens that is super cute. They are on major clearance at amazon - not sure if price matters to you but I always try to get a deal considering my addiction.
They also have a couple of baby kaed bags on clearance and a few bumble bags(the kelly not the jessica)
(By clearance I paid $25 for the 2 red hens that retails at $118)

I like the functionality of my silverline fling - but quality wise it's not worth the $60 I paid for it.

GL!

BeachBum
07-21-2007, 08:27 AM
I would suggest buying one bag then making a decision from there what you need.
With a newborn you end up carrying a lot of crap around--but by about 6 mo I was able to downsize considerably. By 1 yr I was just tucking a few things in my purse. Now at 22 mo I'm back to a diaper bag because of potty training.
I keep a canvas bin in my car for backup supplies instead of a bag.

I really, really love my Lexi Barnes Darling. It has served me well through many stages. It doesn't have a "mom pocket". But it does have several pockets inside. I tuck my keys in one, phone on the outside, wallet in a inside pocket and keep a makeup bag type thing in there for my other "mom" stuff.
Although babywearing worked for me in many situations it didn't work for me say...at the mall...or at the zoo. I find the stroller clips on the Darling very helpful.