PDA

View Full Version : Is the PBK Ultimate bigger than the SH Dash?

rebeccaravit
08-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I used a Skip Hop Dash with DS #1 and now that #2 is here I seem to feel like I need a bigger bag. My main problem with the Dash is that the mommy pocket takes up alot of room when you have too much inside of it. I have a wristlet that is packed, a small Purell, chapstick, a pen, and a baggie with tons of store credit! B/C the pocket is almost full, it takes away from the main pocket.

As #2 gets older and the colder months come around I will need to carry more inside of the bag like solid food, more clothing, need room to hold #1's hat, gloves, etc.. toys for both, you get the idea.

I was looking at the Ju Ju Be Be All, the OiOi messenger and the PBK Ultimate. I can't get over the fact that the PBK is half the price of the others and seems to be about the same size, maybe a bit smaller. However, my husband thinks that the PBK isn't bigger than my Dash. I didn't feel like unpacking my bag in the store. So does anyone have advice? I think the Be All might be bigger than the PBK, but it feels heavier. I liked that the PBK can be converted into a backpack.

What do you all think?

luvsviola
08-06-2007, 04:35 PM
No, it is smaller. I have both and the Dash wins hands down. I retired my PBK when I got it. The Dash is a lot deeper and is laid out much better. If you cloth diaper, you can stack a set of 3 diapers on top of 3 dipes in the Dash for a full day out. You can't do that in a PBK. Also, the PBK closes with magnets so you can't really overstuff it. The changing pad does not fit in the PBK bag if you any amount of stuff in it. The stroller clips on the Dash are nice too. I got the Ju Ju Be stroller clips for my PBK before I realized that the strap doesn't have anywhere to use them. I personally would rather have a Dash.

codex57
08-22-2007, 12:26 PM
What's the shoulder strap like with the Dash? Is it comfortable? Padded/cushioned? One thing I liked about the PBK was the comfort of the strap.

I'm a bit confused as to how the Dash is that much bigger. According to the websites, the PBK is 1.5 inches deeper. So, the PBK should be bigger by dimensions.

I'm really relying on the opinions here b/c I live too far away from a decent baby store that would carry this stuff. I'm really considering the Dash b/c I like hot it clips to a stroller but I want to really be sure I like it before I trek all the way out to the baby store that has it.

rebeccaravit
08-22-2007, 02:22 PM
The strap on the Dash is comfortable. It is just a regular strap, no padding, no cushioning. I wear mine messenger style and it's fine. I don't do much running around with it around my neck though... it's either hooked onto the stroller, put into the shopping cart at the market, or thrown on the floor or where-ever we are.

Can the PBK be put onto the handlebar of a stroller? That was the selling point of the Skip Hop for me, but now I really do need something bigger.

codex57
08-23-2007, 02:17 AM
PBK doesn't have anything special to let it attach to a stroller. That's why the Dash appeals to me too.

PBK's "special" feature are straps to turn it into a backpack. I can't see anyone using that feature though. Total waste IMO. Material just feels so luxurious though. I hope the Dash feels nice and not just the cheap, plain material of diaper bags you find at BRU or Target.

How does the Dash open/close? Zipper? Velcro?

codex57
09-05-2007, 12:53 AM
We ended up buying a Dash this weekend. DW liked how they had a color that matched our stroller as well as the stroller clips and it was on sale.

I'd say they are the same size. Dash is a touch wider and taller. PBK has more depth. Very, very close though.

PBK doesn't have special stroller clips like the Dash. However, the strap has a padded section that has a non-skid rubber bottom that might hold it in place on a stroller. We have a Bugaboo and the foam handle will grip basically any bag just fine.