PDA

View Full Version : shoppingcart covers

justmelf
08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
any feedback about shoppingcart covers? i'm not sure which is best sewcuteboutique/buggybagg/angelynrose/cuterthenaducksbutt any feedback would be appreciated. also any helpful advive on teethering rearfacing britax decathlon in an 07 ford fusion (no teether anchor)

nfowife
08-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Regarding rearfacing tethering, you won't have a tehter anchor for it- since only Britax and Sunshine Kids pretty much allow it, car manufacturers don't build it into their designs as it's not required by law and most seats don't allow for it. Anyhow you can tether it to any metal part that is bolted to the floor of your car straight down from the seat or underneath the seat in front of it (passenger or driver). Like the seat track or the seatbelt stalk are usually good places.

Regarding the cart covers, I have both a sewcute one and an angelyn rose one. I think I prefer the sewcute one. It's a little "puffier" if that makes sense which is nice. Not terribly so though. What I love is that the pillow has a hook to attach it to the cover (we lost our angelyn rose pillow long ago becuase it fell out of the cart one day and I didn't notice until who knows how much later). And the belt has a hook on it to attach to the cart so you don't have to thread it every time. That is awesome! Otherwise they are very similar and both well-made and good quality in terms of sewing, materials, etc.

NeyhaR
08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
We also have a shopping cart cover from sewcuteboutique and like it. I like that it's puffier, but that also makes it a little less compact and easy to carry around, IMO. But, I love the pillow, the cushiness, and the belt. It's also pretty big and fits all cars easily...

justmelf
08-06-2007, 03:08 PM
thanks for the info I just ordered one from angelynrose.com in a winnie the pooh theme. I liked the sewcuteboutique too, but they are pushing a delivery of 4-6 weeks and i need it in 2wks for a trip. maybe i can suddenly become handy with needle aand thread and make some sort of bungee to attach the pillow to the seat??? open to any suggestions. Also thanks for info on car seat i love the seat just soo complicated to tether rearfacing

nfowife
08-06-2007, 04:30 PM
If you are at all handy you could just sew a ribbon in a "loop" to the pillow and attach a toy link to that. Then attach the toy link to one of the toy loops on the cart cover. Very easy to do!

justmelf
08-07-2007, 12:41 PM
That's an excellent idea, I think I could be handy enough to do that. out of curiousity how big are the leg holes on the sewcute seats, from the pictures ythey looked really large and i was afraid there would be too much contact with the metal cart.

NeyhaR
08-07-2007, 12:55 PM
They are large, but I've never had a problem with DS's legs touching too much of the cart.

nfowife
08-08-2007, 08:45 AM
I've never had any problems. They seem the same as the AR ones to me. I also have laid baby in the cart sideways and put up the plastic flap to cover the holes underneath the cart and that's been fine too.

luvsviola
08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I have a BuggyBagg cover and love it. The cover zips into a nice little bag to keep the inside clean and convienient to carry. The straps fit nicely over the stroller. It has 3 nice zipped pockets so you don't have to take a diaper bag into the restaurant. It is very plush and the denim on the outside is very thick. I have the jungle print, which is adorable.

Nooknookmom
10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I just got a Buggybagg & love it too. Got a brown/aqua Hawaii-print. Very plush!

doodler
10-16-2007, 07:46 PM
I know it isn't one of the brands you asked about but,we have a floppy seat which we really like. It works for shopping carts and restaurant highchairs. I have only been able to find it at BRU.
Deborah