PDA

View Full Version : Kavu Bags?

AZMom2Be
08-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I didn't find any previous posts on this brand. The Bi-Coastal looks interesting to me. Does anyone have any experience with a Kavu bag as a diaper bag?

Thanks!

audball
08-24-2007, 11:46 PM
I have the Bi-Coastal...The Kavu fabric is very sturdy..more pliable than the Timbuk2 messenger bags, but still water-repellent. I specifically bought this bag when I was on vacation with DH when we found out we were having DD (who is now 5!) because it looked great. But I did have some issues with it -
- The interior is a "black hole". While there is a back interior pocket (actually a ton of pockets throughout the bag), things like dipes cases, wipes cases, snack cups all kind of fall into the middle
-As large as it is, it's not quite built for those bulky things most moms carry. Because the accessory pockets are strategically placed at different points on the bag, once you fill them, it's not quite that easy to close the bag
-It looked a little awkward when filled. Not so much with everyday stuff (wallet, guidebook if you travel, digital camera), but with "mom stuff", it looked a little bloated.

All those reasons paired with the single bottle holder made it one of the bags I carry (and gender-neutral enough for DH to carry!), but not the only bag I carry with two kiddos now.

Outdoorsy bags you may want to check out:
1. Overland Equipment
2. Timbuk2
3. Sherpani
4. Haiku

HTH!

AZMom2Be
08-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Thank you for your response! I ordered the bag from Zappos so I could check it out. It wasn't quite what I expected. It was shaped like a backpack, but worn as a messenger -- a little bulky and large for what I'm looking for. I did like the fabric and I could see how the bag would be nice if you have a lot of stuff to carry on a daily basis. I decided to return it.