PDA

View Full Version : How many diaper bags do you own?

momtoonegirl
09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
DH, my 19 month old DD, and I are taking a week-long trip to visit my MIL. We will be on a 4.5 hour flight, and right now the only diaper bag that I have is a Petunia Pickle Bottom toddler tote, which is ok for daily errand use. However, since we will be traveling for an extended period of time, I was wondering if it would be worth it to purchase another (larger) bag? We are on a budget, and DH would probably think it's a waste of money, but if it is worth it, he may give in. So I wanted some input on how many diaper bags people have, to justify getting another (if necessary). Also any suggestions on a reasonably priced bag would be appreciated.

TIA!

saschalicks
09-06-2007, 06:43 PM
I've heard wonderful things about the Skip Hop Duo Double. That's a nice size for traveling.

hillview
09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I said 4 or more -- up til last month I had one. We just had #2 and I went a little nuts and decided for the $ for one lux diaper bag I could get 3 LE bags (small one, large one and backpack). I have used all but the backpack (plan to use it on a flight) and am very happy!
/hillary

bubbaray
09-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I agree with the PP. I have faaar to many diaper bags to count.

BUT, when I travel, especially by air, I use my Lands End Do-It-All diaper bag (fits perfectly under the seat in front of DD#1's child seat, leave it open to quickly get to toys, food, etc.) and the LE Triple Compartment Backpack (for mine and DH's carryon stuff).

I also use the LE Little Tripper as a small travel diaper bag/purse.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

momtoonegirl
09-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Thank you all for the suggestions. Now I need to show my DH that most people have many diaper bags. I did not know that LE made diaper bags, and will definitely check that option, because DH gets a lot of his clothes from them, and that may help persuade him that another diaper bag doesn't have to be costly :-)
Wish me luck!

kathymighton
09-19-2007, 12:55 AM
I have 6 bags total. I like to change it up.

samantha546
09-20-2007, 01:52 AM
I have 8 left now. I've been trying to sell a ton of them since we're moving but I am having a hard time letting some of them go!

I'm a "variety is the spice of life" kinda gal. PM if you'd like to know what I'm selling. This may be a good way for you to try something new without breaking the bank.. sorta. ;)

Samantha

sivan
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
1 backpack from one step ahead.
2 similac welcome bags (i have twins)
2 skip hop double duos, or whatever the double one is called. one to match our BOB and one to match our Combi.

but now i've bitten the bug and want to buy more!!!

sharbev
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Okay, based on the responses here...I clearly have a problem/addiction! I have over 30 and that's notcounting the ones currently for sale. LOL Is there a recovery group for mamas like me?? LOL

Anyway, just wanted to add that babybags is a great place to find all sorts of bags, especially if you're on a budget.

As an example, I have several bags FS...some new with tags some in like new condition. I've got a Skip Hop Denim Dash like new for $50.

All kinds of deals can be found. There's also a Trading Post as a part of this forum where you can find great deals.

Good luck,
~ shari