PDA

View Full Version : portable boosters/hook on chair advice

bunyvet
09-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Does anyone have opinions on the different options available? I have been looking at Phil and Ted's MeToo hook on chair but was wondering about others? I have seen some self inflating chairs, boosters that fold flat like a brief case and multiple versions of the hook on. Any good reccs out there? DS is 8 months old, has trouble sitting in a restaurant high chair due to slipping and we do travel a lot.
Thanks!
Andrea

doberbrat
10-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I have the first years inflatable booster. A few months ago, I carefully strapped it onto a chair making sure to get it GOOD and tight. The chair was a normal dining room chair – not overly high. Well, dd rocked the chair back and flipped it. She hit headfirst backwards. Laying on its back, the WELL TIGHTENED straps couldn’t be released. In our panick, my friend and I couldn’t figure out to just pick the chair up. It was horrifying and I’ve NEVER used the chair again. I bought a Me TOO the next day. My friends had all bought them and I’d opted to get the first years instead.

I really like the me too I don’t use it at home b/c our dr table is an antique and dh is worried about the finish being marred or the leaves stressed. I wish it came in a travel bag of sort, but its reasonably lightweight and folds flat. Fits in a diaper bag nicely. The downside to it is that if the table is really thick it does not fit.

bunyvet
10-05-2007, 04:59 PM
thanks for the info! I had looked at he Inflatable booster but thought it looked a bit bulky. So far the MeToo has been my favorite. Does anyone else have positive or negative about that chair?
Thanks

pampamz
10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
We have the Zooper hook on chair. Pretty darn handy that thing is. We come across the ODD table it just doesn't work on but for the most part -- awesome!

bunyvet
10-12-2007, 09:25 PM
thanks! that was another chair i was looking at-- I will have to decide between the two.
Andrea