PDA

View Full Version : New Skip Hops!!

debbydaisy
10-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Has anyone seen the new skip hops?

According to this - http://spillingthebeans.net/?p=661

All the Duos and Dashs are getting magnets and new clips that let both straps stay on at the same time. I am so happy about this because i find the velcro on my dash to be so annoying.

There are also pictures here:

http://www.bopstarbaby.com/pdf/release_via_city_070911.pdf

New bags include the Via Messenger, Via Backpack and a really cute leather trim bag called City Chic!!!

It says available October -anyone seen them yet????

littlecindy
10-22-2007, 01:54 PM
ack, i wish i could've held out for my duo double!

littlecindy
10-22-2007, 01:59 PM
and did you see the "city chic" bags with the zip out purse for mom! i'm dying for it. and such a cute print, too!

littlecindy
10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
looks like you can pre-order them.

http://www.adolcebaby.com/skiphop.html

moylinsky
10-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I just got a new Skip Hop Duo today! I originally was supposed to get the Dash in Bubblegum, but Skip Hop sent my local store the Dash in Petal Pink. Would you believe it took 3 months for SH to send the store the pink Duo? Bubblegum is discontinued and has been replaced with a softer pink, which I love. All the velcro has been replaced with magnets. There is a removable padding on the shoulder strap which happens to have the red SH * on it. The cell phone pocket also has the red * on it. The inside is light gray. The changing pad is black with a red SKIP*HOP velcro tab closing it.

I did not like that I had to wait 3 months for it. I was 30 weeks pregnant when I tried to buy it and now I have a 4 week old! But I am so glad that I got the new Duo because it is so much better! FYI, the price went up $4.

debbydaisy
10-25-2007, 10:40 PM
>I just got a new Skip Hop Duo today! I originally was
>supposed to get the Dash in Bubblegum, but Skip Hop sent my
>local store the Dash in Petal Pink. Would you believe it took
>3 months for SH to send the store the pink Duo? Bubblegum is
>discontinued and has been replaced with a softer pink, which I
>love. All the velcro has been replaced with magnets. There
>is a removable padding on the shoulder strap which happens to
>have the red SH * on it. The cell phone pocket also has the
>red * on it. The inside is light gray. The changing pad is
>black with a red SKIP*HOP velcro tab closing it.
>
>I did not like that I had to wait 3 months for it. I was 30
>weeks pregnant when I tried to buy it and now I have a 4 week
>old! But I am so glad that I got the new Duo because it is so
>much better! FYI, the price went up $4.

does it have new clips? on my bag you have to take off the shoulder strap to attach the stroller straps and i've lost my shoulder strap twice.

i read that you don't have to remove the shoulder strap anymore to attach the stroller straps - does yours have this?

moylinsky
10-26-2007, 09:12 PM
Yes! There are new clips! The stroller straps and the shoulder straps have their own connectors. The stroller straps have a button that you press down on to release. They are so easy to use. You never actually have to remove the shoulder strap to use the stroller straps and v.v. The shoulder clips are the same.

bubbaray
10-26-2007, 10:27 PM
where did you purchase from??

TIA

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

debbydaisy
10-26-2007, 11:04 PM
i want this bag now! I called skip hop and the new clips will be on all duos, dashs and doubles, all called "deluxe" - they will also be on the via messenger bag. the cust service person said they were amazingly easy to use and brand new!

They started shipping this week she said. she said the duo is actually larger than the original and will stand, the linings are lighter in color, there is a shoulder pad, much nicer change pad and NO MORE VELCRO - just magnets - and lots of other changed details.

moylinsky
10-27-2007, 08:30 PM
>where did you purchase from??
>
>TIA
>
>Melissa
>
>DD#1: 04/2004
>
>DD#2: 01/2007

I bought my new Duo from a store near my house. It is called "Logan" in Metuchen, NJ.
Logan
15 Station pl
Metuchen, NJ 08840
(732) 494-1111
It is a brand new cool store. The owner is cool too! Not sure if he has a website yet. I paid MSRP price - $54.

codex57
10-29-2007, 05:58 AM
Good. Other than the ability to clip onto a stroller and all the nice color combos, I thought the Skip Hop bags were pretty horribly designed. They seem to have fixed my main complaints.

I really should have returned the Dash I bought not too long ago. Oh well.

littlecindy
10-29-2007, 11:12 AM
yeah, i hate my dash, too. i love my duo double, though.

mommyrhonda
11-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi! I just went to my local baby store and they had both the NEW duos and dashs. I already had a duo that was a year old that i liked and this seemed like a chance to get a bag in a new color. I got the new dash. Here's what it has that's different from what i could tell.

1) Both the duo and dash had NO VELCRO. I was so excited -the velcro was my least favorite part of the bag. The new dash - which i ended up getting in a stripe - has magnets on the flap now instead of the big velcro strips. There are magnets in two spots on the flap so it can close in different areas. So nice to have it silent
2) all the bags i saw at the store had light colored linings. by red duo has a black lining but now it was a nice grey.
3) I never used the stroller straps on my duo - it was a pain to do and i am always in a rush. My new bag has a clip where you don't have to take off the shoulder strap to put it on the stroller. So for the first time i actually am using the stroller straps.
4) There is a shoulder pad with a cute SH asterisk on it. Also nice.
5) size looked the same - the lady at the store said the duo was bigger now. but i got the dash

It was $65 so for only a dollar more than it used to cost it has all these new things. i was so happy. I will send photos soon. this will be my favorite bag.

salsah
11-21-2007, 12:05 AM
the city chic is tempting. does any one own it or has anyone seen irl? i would love to hear the details!

tia

JoyNChrist
11-21-2007, 04:26 AM
I'm also interested in a review of this bag...I may be asking for it for Christmas.

mom4jd
11-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know of any good deals or discounts on the new Skip Hop Dash?

littlecindy
11-21-2007, 03:12 PM
search this forum, there's 50% off on the skip hop website.

TereasaT
11-21-2007, 10:22 PM
>search this forum, there's 50% off on the skip hop website.

Actually, the code is now expired.