PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Harvey's Seat Belt Bag??

Emmas Mom
11-18-2007, 10:43 PM
After more than four years of carrying one around I am SOOOO ready to be done with diaper bags!!! I want something for me, just me! That being said, I still need it to fit a dipees/wipees type case, a sippy cup, a small cosmetics bag of baby stuff & my stuff too (which has become less & less over the years). In the beginning I had a LE DIA & used to pack the kitchen sink but over the years I've become more of a minimalist (plus I learned to keep a stocked diaper bag in the car). So, I'm considering asking DH for the Medium Tote Zip for Christmas. Does anyone have one, or a similar Harvey's bag? What are your thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Would it work for what I'm thinking? I've wanted one of these bags for years & finally think I'm ready to take the plunge. :)

Joolsplus2
11-19-2007, 02:06 PM
I have the Large Zip Tote and really like it as a diaper bag substitute...It's a little too big for just my stuff, but it fits a diapees and wipees perfectly and I can cram a sippy cup and pair of baby size 6/7 crocs in there pretty easily (when Leah decides to be barefoot in the Zapp stroller with no basket, lol). The straps are long enough I can carry it on my shoulder. I'm really wanting a mini messenger bag now, though, i think it's a little smaller and has more strap versatility. I do like the Medium size, but I don't think a D&W would fit in there.
The Large has inside side pockets on the sides for MY stuff... pens, skinny cell phone, wallet, cosmetics, and the main middle part is where I put the baby stuff, I like how it's easy to keep organized that way.
I've had it for almost 3 years now, it still looks new, and I keep meaning to ebay it and move on, but I keep finding new love for it so I haven't yet (it's red...kind of wish I had brown or treecycle, but red's kind of fun...)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

Emmas Mom
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Sheesh Julie....car seats, booster seats, Arias & now Harveys. You're like my own person answer woman. ;) Thanks for the info, I think the large is definitely better for what I need. Now to decide on a color! I'm really loving the Merlot, but also the Storm & Mauve. Decisions, decisions! lol

Oh....I am also coveting the hipster. I like the mini messenger too but for my stuff only I think the hipster is just my size. Hmmm....maybe for Mother's Day?! :D

Joolsplus2
11-19-2007, 04:20 PM
LOL, we should start a sorority :D

Hipster? My, I need to look, I have clearly not been shopping enough for myself... :D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/Leah.aspx

Emmas Mom
11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Yes, the "Mom's with intelligence & good taste" sorority! ;)

Hipster is 8.5" x 5" & the Mini Messenger is 9x9x2 (or thereabouts). You basically wear them both the same way but the hipster can also be fitted to wear around your waist (or so their website says). Personally I like to wear small bags messenger style but I like the "smallness" of the hipster....I think it'd be the perfect size for my cell, wallet, keys, sunglasses, compact & lipstick. That's about all I carry for me these days.

daniele_ut
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
I *just* got a Harvey's Seatbelt Medium Zip tote about 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it!! I won't really be using it as a diaper bag, since I've got another on the way and will likely have 2 in diapers for a time. It is perfect for me as a purse, though. It is really well made and I think it will last a long, long time. I've gotten a ton of comments on it since I started carrying it.

Emmas Mom
11-24-2007, 09:35 PM
I am having SUCH a hard time waiting for Christmas. I have the bug so badly & twitchy fingers every time I'm on the computer. lol I want this bag!!!!