PDA

View Full Version : Having to get a new doctor gripe. . .

MartiesMom2B
10-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Well I guess if I don't get response here I'll ask in the BB Lounge.

DH is most likely getting a new job where our current ped. doesn't take their insurance. I'm sad about this b/c our ped. went to school with DH and I feel that he takes special care of us. Why can't they take our insurance. I'm certainly not going to pay for services up front and get reimbursed though.

I have another great ped. lined up for us. But since M's next appointment isn't for another 3 months, should I make an appointment for the new ped. to see her now, so that's he's familiar with her if she gets sick. That's probably a waste of his time. What should I do?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

houseof3boys
10-18-2003, 08:23 PM
I am no expert, but we are about to switch too since I want a more pro breastfeeding practice (especially with solids coming up in the next few months). Ryan isn't set to go for another 1.5 months but I was going to bring him in sooner so the 6 month visit isn't weird with the dr. seeing him for the first time. Is your new doc just a copay of $15 or something like that? I wouldn't worry about it wasting his time since that's what he gets well paid for. I would think you would want to meet him first. You said "great ped lined up," so I can't tell if you already met with him or not. Or you could leave a message for him to call you as a new patient and then ask him if he wouldn't mind seeing her before her next scheduled visit so he is more familiar with her?

Fricken fracken insurance company! :P

MartiesMom2B
10-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Debbi:

You crack me up! The ped. is actually the same one that Neve and Lisa goes to so I know he's a good one. I just wonder if they would see me quickly if Martie had an ear infection or something. I know with our regular physician, DH had to go to urgent care when he was sick because they wouldn't see new patients until the end of the month. Uhh, no thanks! I guess it's something that I could actually call the ped's. office about. Dur.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

kaitlinsmommy
10-22-2003, 11:39 PM
I just wanted to jump in because we just moved and I lined up a new ped. for dd. Although she hasn't seen him yet, I scheduled her 1-year appt. for Dec. I called yesterday because she has a cold and they offered to see her right away. I would imagine your new dr. would be willing to see Martie if he is sick, even if you haven't met yet.