PDA

View Full Version : Pediatrician in CHICAGO

mcyentyres
06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Hello! Our first baby is due 8/3. We're clueless first-timers and would LOVE your suggestions on pediatricians in Chicago. We live a bit north of the city (Andersonville/Uptown) and both work downtown so open to ANY great doctor in between those areas of town.

THANK YOU!!!

Fairy
08-10-2006, 12:13 AM
We use North Suburban Pediatrics. They have an office across the street from Evanston Hospital, and all their doctors are awesome. I especially like Dr. A. Bernstein, Dr. DePaul, Dr. Christian, and Dr. Downey. 847.869.0892. There's also a Buffalo Grove office at Rt. 83 and Arlington Heights Road. 847.913.9120. Their practice is out of Children's Memorial and Evanston and Northwest Community. The peds out of Highland Park hospital are also top notch, but I live too far from there these days. Good luck!

Kindra178
01-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Children's Healthcare Associates - we love Dr. Slivnick and we see Dr. Lyons. They are at Diversey and Sheffield. They don't charge for after hour calls. I have also heard great things about Lakeview Pediatrics (Dr. Salem) and Town and Country (Dr. Holmes). Are you a member of www.npnparents.org? It's an organization called Northside Parents Network and a wonderful resource for Chicago parents. It's $40 a year.

eliasmom
01-14-2008, 11:05 PM
We go to Child & Adolescent Health Associates in the Gold Coast area, after firing our first ped. Dr Mikhail treats DD like she is the most important and fabulous child in the world and, as a result, I'm pretty sure DD would go home with her if I wasn't paying attention. I have also seen two of the other docs there and they are wonderful as well. We have never had to wait, they have a great walk in policy and parking is easy.

AtomicLush
01-28-2008, 12:01 AM
I have to give props to Dr. Daniel Lum and his wonderful staff at North Shore Pediatrics. So far, they have been very nice and accomodating...knock on wood! They are not in the city, but they are affiliated with Evanston Northwestern Hospitals. They have 2 locations in the North Shore area - Wilmette and Glenview.

knaidel
02-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I no longer live in Chicago, but we used the family practice at Illinois Masonic/Ravenswood (Wilson and Ravenswood, next to the Metra). I loved it, and miss it! The doctors were great, loved all of them, There are about 12 attendings, plus 15 residents, so very easy to get appointments, even last minute. We used Dr. Robert Lee, but I don't know how much longer he will be there. He was great with my son, he used to first check his stuffed animal first. All the doctors there are really competent and good with kids. Its a family practice, so they see everyone.

ETA: I just realized this is a really old post. Whoops. I am assuming this mother found a doctor by now. :)