PDA

View Full Version : Cord Blood Banking - Please help!!!

anutalp
01-25-2004, 05:57 PM
I know that somebody already asked about it, but couldn't find the definite answer and also it was about half a year ago, so things change...
I need some help in choosing a bank for cord blood banking. I'm 36 weeks, first time mom, I know it's a little beat late but it's still possible. I'm choosing the option of private banking cause I don't want to blame myself in the future that there is something that I have'nt done for my child.
Please, if somebody has an experience with one of the existing banks, like CBR, Viacord, NE bank, Cryocell, corcell, etc
Which one is the most reliable? Any suggestions?
I really appreciate your help.
Ana.

Jeanmick
01-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Both our children had their cord blood saved by Cord Blood Registry (CBR) and have been VERY satified with their service. If you're interested, please send me a private e-mail and I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you off-line.

anutalp
01-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Jeanette,
I've sent you an email with some questions, but meanwhile already registered with CBR. The SR answered all my questions, we talked about an hour. I got all the info. They are the company I was thinking from the beginning. I'll get my kit tomorrow. Anyway, they asked about the referral so I don't mind giving your name and I think you'll get a year of storage free, if I'm not mistaken. Please write me an email and I'll give your name to my SR.
Thanks,
Ana.

jd11365
02-05-2004, 10:56 PM
We used the New England Cord Blood Registry...best deal and they store for 20 years...

HTH

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03