PDA

View Full Version : where to register?

crl
10-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Hi,

My husband and I are adopting from China--our dossier went this month. We would like to register for baby items and are wondering where would be best. Ideally we would like to do this online for convenience sake. And it would be nice if it is an adoption-friendly site that allows for an anticipated arrival date a year away. Thanks for your suggestions!

hjdong
10-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Have you thought about setting up a wish list at Amazon? They have tons of different things - I'm not sure if you could put it all on a wish list but I think you could. And the wish lists don't expire. It's not a traditional registry (I doubt they would have bottles and stuff) but I'm sure they have things you would need with all of "their" different stores.

kalebsmama
10-29-2003, 11:08 PM
We registered at BRU and picked a random date about 9 months ahead. Was told I could then change that date if it wasn't long enough.

I just now checked www.babiesrus.com and they ask for due date or arrival date. I gave it a try and could go as far ahead as 12/31/04.

Good luck!

Kimberly H
10-30-2003, 06:41 AM
We're DTC 3/31 and awaiting our referral any day now, but most likely next week.

I registered at Babies R Us online and picked 12/24/03 as her birthdate. Now it looks like we might be traveling at Christmas time! She most likely will have been born in the late winter/spring but we can adjust the registry later.

Good luck!

malie
10-30-2003, 10:20 AM
You can register on line at amazon for babies R Us and then if you wish to add to your registry at a store you can do so.

As others have already mentioned you can pick an arrival date that is at least out to the end of Dec of next year at this point and honestly you will be able to change it so you can keep extending it out. However I do think that amazon/babiesRUS does have a time limit as to how long it will keep a registry open so you might want to check and see how long that is so that you don't end up losing all your information

crl
10-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions/information!