PDA

View Full Version : @--->------ Kimberly & Robert Hill Referral ------<---@

Kimberly H
11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
At 1:57pm today, Emily at CCAI called to tell us we have a beautiful baby girl. With 10+ people standing with us around my desk at work, we received her info and her photo. We're all in love!

Chinese Name: Han Xia (no middle name)
-- her last name is Han, first name is Xia which means heroine
American Name: Mia (still undecided on middle name)
-- we were going to use her Chinese name as her middle name but Mia Xia Hill is a little odd!

Birthdate: November 25, 2002
Height/Weight: 25.1" and 14.3 lbs as of 6/26/03

SWI: Tongling Childrens Welfare Institute
Province: Anhui

Agency: CCAI
Dosier to China: 3/31/03
Age of child requested: 0-12 months, as young as possible

Photo attached!

Overwhelmed with blessings,
Kimberly

JElaineB
11-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Congratulations!!! She is cute! When do you get to bring her home?

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Kimberly H
11-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks!

We were told to expect between Christmas and the middle of January but we'll know more in a few weeks. It's about 6-8 weeks from referral to travel right now.

Karenn
11-18-2003, 06:22 PM
Congratulations! What a cutie she is!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Oh my goodness!!!!
She is absolutely the most beautiful little girl in the world!!!! I am so happy for you, I can't imagine how thrilled you all must be...

I have "checked in" all day to see the updated news and my computer didn't show this updated post in the margin that shows all of the forums!!!!...We've been thinking aobut you all day!!!!

I am so looking forward to "seeing" you go thru the little journey left to finish this process and then to see her grow on our soil!!!

She is just too pretty for words...
Huge congrats and huge hugs!!!!
Celebrating for you in NC!!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

mharling
11-18-2003, 06:53 PM
How exciting!!! I had goosebumps reading this and then seeing her picture. She is just precious!!!! Hope your days go fast between now and your travel call. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

kensjen
11-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Oh Kimberly, how exciting!!!!!!!!

She is just gorgeous by the way!

Thanks for sharing your excitement, can't wait to hear more about Mia!!

Kate888
11-18-2003, 07:10 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Kimberly!! She is adorable :) I'm so happy for your family! Looking forward to hearing all the details!

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

Melanie
11-18-2003, 07:11 PM
She is SO cute! Congratulations!

Maybe you can find another name that means heroine to honor her birth name?

emilyf
11-18-2003, 07:20 PM
So, So exciting!!! I have close friends just starting this process so it's thrilling to see you getting towards the end. And her birthday is one day after Charlie's. She is just beautiful-hooray!
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

mamahill
11-18-2003, 07:44 PM
I've got goosebumps all over and am SO thrilled for you. She looks absolutely precious. Congratulations - looks like you have a birthday party to plan, and that Thanksgiving will be all the more meaningful this year - now I'm all goosebumpy AND getting teary.

Hugs,

MelissaTC
11-18-2003, 07:52 PM
She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I am so happy for you & your new baby girl :)

McQ
11-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! She is so precious. I just want to kiss all over those cheeks! I'm so excited for you. Please keep us posted with your news.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

egoldber
11-18-2003, 08:29 PM
Congratulations!!!

What a cutie! I love that face! So intent and yet with a hint of impishness!

phirey
11-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Oh, she is adorable! Congratulations. What a wonderful 1st birthday present for her!

ismommy
11-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Congratulations!! She is beautiful.

Helene
mommy to Isabella 9/19/01

heytootsy
11-18-2003, 09:26 PM
I have tears in my eyes I am so excited for you!!!! She is an absolute angel. Mia is beautiful. What a beautiful family, I cannot think of anything better. You are so nice and kind, I am glad she can create a family with you.

jd11365
11-18-2003, 10:05 PM
That is absolutely the most exciting news. Your excitement came right through your post and I'm all teary. What an amazing blessing...and as Sarah said...truly something to give thanks for at this holiday season. She is beautiful! I am so thrilled for you and your family!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

houseof3boys
11-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Congratulations!! That is fantastic news. ;)

liya
11-18-2003, 10:23 PM
Awww she is a dream...Congratulations.......She is beautifull.....!!!

Momof3Labs
11-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Oh, Kimberly, congratulations!!! She looks just precious. Did they tell you how old she was in the photo?

Kimberly H
11-18-2003, 10:36 PM
Thank you for all of the congratulations! We couldn't be more pleased, unless it was to go pick her up RIGHT NOW!

We're guessing she was 6-7 months old in the pictures but we'll know a little more when we get the FedEx tomorrow with more information and a few more photos.

In 2-4 weeks, we'll get updated info including another medical exams and measurements and hopefully more photos too!

MamaKath
11-18-2003, 10:56 PM
Kathryn, I am so excited for you that I am in tears!!! She is absolutely so beautiful. She has such poise and grace. (How about Grace as a middle name??)CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

(((((Hugs))))) You are in the home stretch!

pritchettzoo
11-18-2003, 11:00 PM
How exciting for you and your family. She's just beautiful! I hope the time until you hold her in your arms flies by.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

momathome
11-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Kimberly-
Congratulations!!! I had goosebumps reading your post and seeing a picture of that beautiful baby girl. I will cross my fingers for you that you will be holding her in your arms soon. Good luck with the completion of the adoption and best wishes for your precious new family!
-Lauren

C99
11-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Congrats! When I read the first part of your post, I assumed that you choose the name Mia because it has a similar sound to Xia, but I guess not. What about Mia Han Hill?

She's very cute!

Annette_C
11-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Congratulations from me also!!!
How exciting for you! Your little girl is a doll!!!
I bet you can't wait for the new year to arrive!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

jojo2324
11-19-2003, 12:04 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!! You must be thrilled, I know I am for you. She is absolutely beautiful. :)

parkersmama
11-19-2003, 12:19 AM
Oh, Kimberly! Mia is soooo gorgeous! I just want to kiss her sweet little face! I have tears in my eyes...she is wonderful beyond description.

Have you considered looking for a middle name that means "gift" or "blessing" or something like that? It would be nice to give her a name that conveys how blessed you feel.

kwc
11-19-2003, 02:34 AM
Wow! I just saw the title of your post and immediately got tears in my eyes!
Mia is adorable... and what an expression of determination she's got... I love it!
And Anhui is my father's province... so I am technically "Anhui people" even though I have always lived in California...

Congratulations!

Karen
Mom to Catherine 8/6/03

malie
11-19-2003, 02:37 AM
Kimberly,
Oh I remember the excitement of getting that first photo. As for the name thing, I'm sure that you will figure something out. It's amazing sometimes how a name that seems a bit odd when you first say it starts to feel like it's perfect (not saying that will happen, just saying I'm sure that you will find the perfect middle name )

elvisfan
11-19-2003, 03:00 AM
Oh, what a day for you!!!! She is bee-yoo-ti-ful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sugarsnappea
11-19-2003, 07:36 AM
Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful!

AdoptChina
11-19-2003, 10:07 AM
She is gorgeous!!!!! I love her chubby lil cheeks! Before long she'll be in your arms :)

edited to add:
You can still work Xia into her name if you wanted to.....for my daughter we named her Makenna (a name we liked) Elizabeth (a family name) Chunmeng (2 of her Chinese names combined) and then our last name. You could possibly give her an American middle name with Xia being a second middle name,,,,,,or you could add a second Chinese name to Xia to make it flow better (Lily or Josh could help think of some) Xia____ or ____Xia

lizamann
11-19-2003, 10:12 AM
She's just adorable. What a lucky little girl! Her picture got me all teary!

emmiem
11-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Congratulations! That is just the best feeling in the world. Hope you have a speedy time between referral and travel.
emmmie

celfsh
11-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Congratulations--so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

Bethann31
11-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Kimberly,

She is so beautiful! I have followed the adoption stories pretty closely, and I have been waiting for your announcement. CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't wait for more pictures.

Beth
mom to 3 (13, 11 and 8) and then 1 more (06/04/03)

alkagift
11-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Kimberly,
Oh, she's just beautiful! Congratulations on your new addition! Have so much fun going to get her. I know you can't wait!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, 5/19/03

loewymartin
11-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Yippee!! Congrats! I kept looking to see if you had received anything. My neighbors received their packet in October and had a stork on their front lawn the next day to tell the news :-)

And her pic is adorable. I agree with the post above, serious and impish all in one!!

Enjoy the coming weeks. All this time and energy is bringing you an adorable little girl!

Michelle - Mom to Alia born 5/16/02

KimberleyDawn
11-19-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm soooo happy for you and your family!!! Mia is absolutely beautiful!
CONGRATS again!
Kim

KathyO
11-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Marvellous, marvellous news! In the photo, it looks like she's watching for you!

On the Mia-Xia front, my husband is fond of silly, sweet nicknames for our daughter (Poopi-dou, Muffin-pie, Crab-cake, etc.) Maybe Mia-Xia could give you a pet-name of "Mitzi" or "Mitchi" or "Missy"? My friend Marusia is known to her family and special friends as "Moosh"! Just a thought.

Wishing you much joy in the days to come. She's a peach.

KathyO

hjdong
11-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Kimberly - Congratulations! I'm not feeling well, and was headed for bed, when I thought, "Wait a minute, Kimberly was supposed to get her referral today." She is adorable! I know how hard it is to wait to get her.

Plese, keep us updated when her medical records arrive. I really enjoyed the page of developemental milestones - it gives you some sense of personality.

Here's hoping you time (and mine) to travel fly by!

mommyj
11-20-2003, 01:19 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I've been following your story for a long time, even though I usually post in the diaper forum. Mia is a beautiful little girl. I can't wait to hear more about her when you meet her.
I have a thought on Mia's middle name. In China, if someone's name is only one character, people usually call him/her by his/her full name (so Mia would actually be called "Han Xia, and not just "Xia"---vs. people with two character names who just go by their first names). Have you thought of having Hanxia be her middle name? That sounds really pretty with Mia, and that way you could stick with your original plan. One of my friends from China combined her first and last names once she came to the US and got married. So, she has an English last name and her first name is her full Chinese name (last name + first name written as one word in English). We have a Chinese middle name for my baby who is half Chinese. We felt like it would be a nice way to acknowledge his heritage on both sides.
Congratulations again!!!

sweetbasil
11-20-2003, 02:45 AM
Kimberly,
I'm coming in a little late here, but wanted to offer my happiest congratulations to your family! Mia is a beautiful little girl, and I'm so happy she'll be coming to your home soon. What greater blessing could there be?!

All the best,

cinrein
11-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Congratulations Kimberly! She is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure you can't wait to have her in your arms.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

amp
11-20-2003, 05:10 PM
What wonderful news! Congratulations! Thanksgiving will have an even more special meaning this year for your family! I hope the wait is as short as it can possibly be for all of you!

Andrea S
11-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Congrats!! she is beatiful!!

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

lisams
11-20-2003, 06:50 PM
What a blessing, congratulations! She is so beautiful. And what a gift to give her for her first birthday, a family.

Please keep us updated!
Lisa

chrissyhowie
11-21-2003, 09:40 AM
Your post has me all choked up! Such happy news! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!

yellowdogmom
11-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Sorry I'm so late to jump in...but I had to reply and let you know how absolutely gorgeous Mia is! She's simply beautiful!

Wishing you a short wait to travel!

Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea

milesmom
12-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Kimberly ... congratulations on your new daughter, best of luck with your newly expanded family.

Michelle
(mom to Miles 6/02)