PDA

View Full Version : Today is Mia's first birthday

Kimberly H
11-25-2003, 06:27 AM
Today is our Mia's first birthday!

China is 13 hours ahead of us on the East Coast so she's probably winding down and they're getting her ready for bed.

Adding to the sadness of our little girl spending her birthday away from us is my feelings for her birthmother. I can't imagine what she must've been going through a year ago today.

I'm going to do a little bit of birthday shopping for her tonight and put her presents away for a big party when she gets home.

At least we know she'll never spend a birthday in an orphanage again!

Bethann31
11-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Happy First Birthday to Mia!!! She is lucky in that she will always have 2 special days, her "real" birthday and the day she comes to live with "mommy" and "daddy." I understand how you feel for her birthmother. My husband found his birthmom about 6 years ago after being adopted at birth 30 years earlier. She still looks sad when she looks at him, even though she knows he was adopted by a very loving mom.

Beth
mom to 3 (13, 11 and 8) and then 1 more (06/04/03)

McQ
11-25-2003, 02:29 PM
Document today with pictures and a note to Mia. It will be so special to her to look back (when she is older) and see how very much she was loved today.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

yellowdogmom
11-25-2003, 02:38 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIA!

I think Alison has a great idea to take pictures today and document your feelings for Mia to have in the future. I truly believe that she's able to feel the love you're sending her today (and every day) :)

Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea

MelissaTC
11-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Happy Birthday Mia! She is getting the best present ever this year - a family that loves her! The world would be a better place if everyone loved their children as much as you love your little one :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Sweet Birthday thoughts to Mia :)
We can't wait to hear of her celebration once here!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

hjdong
11-26-2003, 05:50 PM
Happy Birthday Mia! May she be in your arms soon!