PDA

View Full Version : Any China adoption updates?

Kimberly H
11-30-2003, 08:11 PM
I know Holly is waiting for her travel approval, as are we. I remember someone else was waiting to get her twin girls from Guangdong province.

Holly, what province is Jamie in? If we travel later rather than sooner, we might end up meeting up with you!

hjdong
12-01-2003, 01:27 AM
Jamie is in Sichuan - in Chengdu City. While it would be great to meet you, I hope for your, and Mia's sake, that you are able to travel sooner! We got an update on Jamie this week - in Oct. he was walking with help and was developemtally on target. We're really hoping to travel in Jan (well, we would love to travel sooner, but doubt it).

Take care

Kimberly H
12-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Holly, we're hoping for an update on Mia soon. CCAI said 2-4 weeks and it's just been 2 weeks yesterday. They said the medical update and photos will often come separately so it'll spread out the wait a little bit, right?

I'm alternately thinking it's not very far until travel and that it's been too long. I have a list of things to do that's a mile long, but have no desire to do them. Ugh.

Drew and I picked up 2 suitcases from storage yesterday afternoon. 1 is for DH and Mia in China, the other is mine for our cruise in January. I packed the cruise one with shorts and tees and my dress clothes, so that will be done if we can get back from China in time for the 1/18 cruise.

CCAI is hoping for December travel, but of course we'll know nothing until it's time. Someone posted John Harrah is expecting HFS's travel approvals next week so we're back to the rumor mill.

hjdong
12-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Wow! Mia's going to go on a cruise? Not a bad way to start out. We just got our pre-approval today from our agency (dated the 1st). Which is kind of like saying we're out of the match room (although we were already matched) and waiting for the travel approval. We're still crossing our fingers for 1 month or so, which is starting to seem reasonable, since our dossier should be all approved.

We got an update on Jamie. Did I already mention that? It was rather disappointing. It mentioned that he was walking with help and had a "new" pciture (which was the same picture re-cropped. I still don't know how big he is and have decided I'm not going to know.

I hope you get your travel approval soon! Wouldn't it be great to have her for Christmas!