PDA

View Full Version : Travel approvals are in!!

Kimberly H
12-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Yippee! CCAI received our travel approvals from China today and faxed the US Consulate in Guangzhou to request our consulate appointments. Once that appointment date is received (please, December.. PLEASE!!!), then the travel agency can get to work on our itinerary.

Something I didn't share with my husband until today - I was scared that we would find out Mia would not be available for adoption. You see, the orphanage sends the dossier of information to the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) and there it sits until it's matched with a family. Mia's information is from June and she was matched with us in November. That's a long time.

Once the CCAA receives our acceptance letter - meaning we accept our referral and want to adopt this child - then they contact the orphanage to make sure the child is still available. She could be adopted out domestically, found to be special needs and thus not qualify for the program we're adopting under, or even became ill and died.

When the CCAA sends us travel approval, we know Mia's okay and is ready for us.

My husband had no idea it was a possibility that we would not be receiving our Mia. I'd told him a LONG time ago in the process and he didn't remember. It's not something that happens often but it actually did a couple of months ago - a child became too ill to be adopted out and the mother received another referral.

Now I can breathe again! Here we come, Mia!!

mik8
12-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Sending my best wishes and good luck your way. It took my brother-in-law and his wife almost a year to finally go through the whole bureaucratic process of adoption and finally able to see their daughter Gracie Lee Yan. They did the adoption ceremony in Guangzhou too. Anyways, I'm really happy for you!

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Huge relief...all of the dynamics are enough to make the sane go crazy that is for certain!!!
Please keep us update on travels, we are so excited for you!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

amp
12-09-2003, 03:58 PM
That is truly wonderful news! Hope you receive an early Christmas wish in the form of your dates! Maybe you'll have a little Christmas angel with you this year?! If not....soon! Congrats!

hjdong
12-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Yeah! I'm so happy for you. I really hope you get your December travel dates.

Did you get to write a letter to Mia? That's part of the SN process - after you're matched - and mine was a very nicely stated, "God, I hope you're taking good care of him." It's that mostly but not totally irrational fear he'll get sick and we'll get a "new" referral.

Did you get any more information on her when you got the travel approval?

Let us know when you get your consulate dates. Good luck!