PDA

View Full Version : Updated photos and stats for Mia!

Kimberly H
12-11-2003, 11:26 PM
As of 11/19 (just shy of 1 year old) our Mia is 27.5 inches long and 17.6 lbs. She has 8 teeth and can sit and stand unaided, but can't walk or speak yet.

I know we need to take all of this with a grain of salt as she would've been weighed and measured while being all bundled up and the milestone comments are notoriously inaccurate but it's more info on my baby girl!

New photos arrived too and I shouldn't have said "baby girl" as she looks so grown up. You can see her at http://www.picturetrail.com/rabbitwife in the Mia folder.

We're still waiting for consulate appointments but the 6 groups in front of us with our agency have appointments the week of 1/12 so I would guess we'll be after that. We're most definitely missing our 1/18 cruise and it's a very real possibility we won't travel until after Chinese New Year (starting 1/22) because everything shuts down for a week.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

sjs9601
12-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Kimberly - Congratulations on receiving your update on Mia! She certainly is a beauty and you're right about the "bundling" effect. We returned from China on 11/19 with our twin daughters, and had to wait 2 months from referral to travel (in part because of US and Chinese holidays occurring in October AND November). I really do feel for you on the wait - it's a lot harder after having that picture.

Sorry to hear you'll miss your cruise - I know the sacrifices will so worth it when you are able to hold your daughter. Please feel free to contact me after you get back - the time / jet lag adjustment thing is pretty wicked and I certainly could have used some advice before we got home.

Hoping for a consulate for you and your DH!

Sandy - mom to China twins - Maya and Kylie

mik8
12-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Kim,

Mia is sooo adorable! I'm really happy for you and the entire family.
I can remember how we were all so excited too for our niece's adoption from China. All the best of luck!

mharling
12-12-2003, 12:21 PM
What a great photo album. She is just beautiful!!! I'll be thinking about you as you wait for your travel news. How exciting!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

partyof5
12-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Kimberly,

I've read in the different forums of your preparation for Mia and I just want to let you know that I share in your joy. She is beautiful! And she's so lucky to have 2 older siblings to watch over her. What an exciting time in your lives! I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-15-2003, 10:44 AM
The pictures of Mia alone get me all teary eyed...but the picture of you two hugging with the great news sent me over the top!!! Mia is beautoful, what a gorgeous family you have!!!

Love them!!!
You both are thrilled the emotions jump out of the screen...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

McQ
12-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Love the pictures. And thanks for sharing your joy. She'll be coming home soon!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

lizamann
12-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Mia is just so beautiful! You must be overflowing with joy and excitement!

Melanie
12-21-2003, 06:08 PM
What a sweetie...I can't imagine what this wait must be like for you. I hope she's home with her family really soon!