PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the thoughts & prayers - they worked!

Kimberly H
12-15-2003, 07:44 PM
We received word tonight that our appointment at the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China is the week of January 19th. We'll have more specific dates in the next week or so but WE'RE GOING TO CHINA!

Edited to add: Our appointment is actually the 20th of January!

We'll be some of the last appointments before the country virtually shuts down for 7-14 days for Chinese New Years. Mid-February brings the big trade show in Guangzhou where you see hotel room prices quadruple and sell out. We also miss the really expensive Christmas flights.

We just made it :)

Yes, we miss the cruise and my much-loved mother-in-law is understanding, but very disappointed. It helps that our 15-year old will still be going.

Thank you so much for the good thoughts and prayers and wishes - they worked!

hjdong
12-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeah! I'm actually really hoping, but unfortuantely doubting, that we will have similar travel dates.

Good luck!

mik8
12-15-2003, 08:48 PM
Indeed a great christmas wish come true for all of you!

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-15-2003, 11:59 PM
Kim congrats...if you go to my Ukraine thread there is a travel agent who is an adoptive parent you might want to email him for flight info if you have not arranged that yet.
I don't know him...nothing in it for me, he just has gotten rave reviews on the Ukraine board, and iw as impressed with his quote to me when we thought we'd travel in the early part of the year.
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

McQ
12-16-2003, 12:47 PM
How exciting!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

crl
12-16-2003, 08:01 PM
What happy news! Congratulations!
Catherine
dtc 10/20/03

Melanie
12-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Isn't that how it is? If you make plans for a certain date that's guaranteed to be the date something else happens! How fun for your 15 yo to have Grandma to himself.

Have a wonderful wonderful wonderful journey! Are you staying for the New Year?