PDA

View Full Version : Neve & others who've research Ukraine adoptions...

Melanie
12-29-2003, 01:21 AM
I found a page which was supposed to send me to another page w/ exceptions for the one year rule...i.e. what disabilities/diseases would have a child available for adoption prior to one year, in the Ukraine. However, I scoured the site (It was the US Embassy in Ukraine) and I can't find it.

Does anyone know?

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-29-2003, 11:22 AM
I do not know...I can ask around and see, also the UKraine embassy in DC might beable to help you...I spoke to them when we were researching that little 5 year old and suspected it to be a scam and they advised that they thought so too...

I do know that any children that leave the country before 14 months have some major health issues. We are not talking cleft palatte etc...this would be a good question to ask that yahoo group that I have listed in my thread (one of the top post if not the top post) on Ukraine.

I forwarn you that yahoo group is made up of some nasty people fighting each other non stop over whose facilitator is best and fighting over every simple word that is said...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

em_jon98
01-03-2004, 02:33 AM
I will try to find the page for you and edit this post, but the list of medical conditions precluding the one year waiting period is very short. I believe the list only includes very serious medical conditions/disibilities, specifically (and possibly only) different types of cancer and missing limbs.

Edited to add the link to the US Embassy in Kiev site, which lists the medical conditions precluding the standard 12-month waiting period for international adoption:
http://usinfo.usemb.kiev.ua/amcit_adoptions_eng.html

(Thanks to Neve for providing :)--my links are a little disorganized right now)

Kimberly H
01-03-2004, 07:23 AM
Speaking of limb difference, that SN was not one that I was even open to considering when we did the 2-day debate of SN or NSN adoption.

Then one of our March DTC moms received a phone call asking if she'd consider a little BOY with SN. She posted pics after they'd submitted their paperwork and, totally honestly here, I didn't see what made him SN. Someone else had to post that he was limb different - he has no left hand from the wrist down. And then others posted they didn't notice either.

This isn't to say that the only SN child you should choose is one where you don't notice their difference at first, it's just interesting how your heart sees the child first, then the SN.

Here's our group homepage for March DTC featuring an updated photo of him. He will be the cover boy while our moderator is in China getting her daughter. His mommy is still waiting for travel approval and is cheering all of us on, though we received our referrals LONG after she was approved for him. She's a true saint!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/March2003DTC

(edited to remove his name since I didn't ask first)

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-07-2004, 03:29 PM
I just found this on Oleg's web site...
http://www.geocities.com/adoptukr/MedicalList.rtf
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties