PDA

View Full Version : A Big Hooray for Adoptive Parents and . . .

MartiesMom2B
01-06-2004, 11:28 PM
those who choose to have their child adopted.

I've started to watch Adoption Story on Discovery Health and it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside to see the adoptive parents with their children. These children are truly blessed to have such great parents.

I know for all of you who are in the process of adoption or are adopting, you are wonderful. Reading your stories and listening to you makes adoption a real choice to me for future kids.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

houseof3boys
01-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Is there an echo in here? Ditto to what Sonia said.

I tear up everytime I watch Adoption Story. :)

momathome
01-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Oh my goodness, I had never really given adoption much thought until I started watching Adoption Story - now I consider it to be a real possibilty. We are ttc child #3 and are running into secondary infertilty issues. Because of this, dh and I starting to discuss maybe adding to our family through adoption. My grandmother was a foster mother for years and did adopt one little boy with hemophilia who unfortunately died of an anyeurism (sp?) when he was 11. The more books and stories I read and here about adoption, the more I think it may be a possibilty for us. Adoption Story shows what a wonderful and positive choice adoption can be.
-Lauren

Kimberly H
01-07-2004, 12:53 PM
We don't have Discovery Health so I've never seen Adoption Story but people who find out we're adopting often comment on the show. It's been a blessing for us, for sure!

The Hallmark Channel also does an adoption show on Sunday nights(?).

Less than 48 hours before we leave...

y2jasmine
02-01-2004, 03:10 PM
I love Adoption Stories...I watch it every Sunday from 2-3 PM (2 episodes in a row!!!)